[solved] TV-Server Configuration Missing (1 Viewer)

errfoil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have just installed a new Hauppage card to try out OTA TV. On my Win10 installation I don't seem to have a TV-Server configuration option in the Windows menu under Team Mediaportal. I am running 1.24. I tried reinstalling 1.24 to see if there was an option to add TV-Server...no luck.

Is there something I need to do to enable TV-Server on an existing installation?

Thx

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    When installing you choose TVServer for install?

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

errfoil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    Home Country
    There was no option to choose TVServer. In the past I recall the option to use this installation to watch TV or not. I chose the 'reinstall' option instead of the 'clean install' option. My system is running great and I didn't want to lose my watched flags and other setup details.

Do I need to do a clean install to get the option to install TVServer? If possible it out be great to just add it on to the current installation.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    When you select update, then configuration not change, if tv server not installed before upgrade then tv server jot installed due upgrade procedure.
    You can backup database folder and settings folder, make clean install and restore from backup...

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

errfoil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    Home Country
    OK, thanks ajs. What do you recommend for saving watched flags; Tract, or I believe there used to be a plugin for backups?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    There may be a way to start the installation with a selection of components. Try to run the installation and select download only. Then start the installation of the TV Server.

@azzuro can you help?

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello don't remember how install tve. I know it can install from deploy folder from temp.. But not sure than mysql will be installed.

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    So can try, manually install mysql and then tv server. Or save the entire directory program data/team mediaportal/mediaportal. Install to clean and then copy over the directory from backup.

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    So, on MP setup, select "new installation", during this you need to select "advanced setup" and select "all in one"
    this will uninstall MP Client, but will do an entire backup, so after reinstallation done, replace new folder with backup

errfoil

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Thank you all.

I moved all database folders/files to a spare drive. Launched the 1.24 installer and chose "Fresh Install", this prompted the option to "use this install to watch TV". After the install was complete I transferred all the database folders from the spare drive back to the C: drive and restarted the PC. My system was exactly as before with no need to specify folders or make any changes to the setup, all watched flags were correct, except now I have TVServer installed. There is no need to use BackupSettings or Trakt.

Kudos to the developers! I remember doing this in the past and having to rescan all my movies and TV shows, reset all the folders, etc. A reinstall used to take forever. Thank you for your fabulous work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom