TV-Server crashes during channel scan (1 Viewer)

cktwo

May 22, 2007
Dear all,

after successfully installing TV server, I now have the problem of TV server crashing during channel scan. After selecting the newly installed server and clicking "scan channels" it crashes after a couple of minutes and asks me whether I want to send a bug report to Microsoft. :confused:

For my detailed setup please see below. I am using a DVB-C (cable!) card*from DigitalRise which uses a Twinhan decoder chip. It is recognized by TV server as "DVB-C DTV-DVB Mantis DVBC BDA Receiver".

Does anyone have any clue what causes this and how this can be debugged or (even better) fixed?

Thanks and kind regards
Christian

TV-Server Version: tvengine3-05-21-2007
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XP SP 2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP-M
HDD: Samsung 80 GByte
Memory: 512 MBytes
Motherboard: MSI KM2M
Motherboard Chipset: VIA
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: Integrated S3
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: DigitalRise DVB-C PCI Cable CI (Twinhan Mantis based)
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver: BDA Driver from DigitalRise
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Kabel Deutschland
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

kuehnch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2006
    Cologne (Köln)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem here, but it is not a dvb/bda-related issue (at least in my case - the ms-update should be installed although). The crash is triggered by an exception, which is thrown due to a lost of the connection to the database. I will repost the complete exception-message tonight.

cktwo

May 22, 2007
    Pleast install the following patch:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=14caaf6d-198c-4197-82ad-28251f9c50a5

Report back if that fixed your issue, if it did, use the Wiki and search function the next time ;)

Regards Muldini

Hi Muldini,

the fix DID work. Sort of at least... the card now manages to scan all channels.

However when I try to switch on live TV I get the error message "Unable to connect to MPG2 pin". I DID search the forum this time, found many users who seemingly have the same or a similar problem but unfortunately no clear solution.

Any hints what causes this error and how it can be fixed?

Also, when exiting MediaPortal, "HCWHelper" crashes. What is that?

Thanks and kind regards
    CK

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    cktwo said:
    Hi Muldini,

the fix DID work. Sort of at least... the card now manages to scan all channels.

However when I try to switch on live TV I get the error message "Unable to connect to MPG2 pin". I DID search the forum this time, found many users who seemingly have the same or a similar problem but unfortunately no clear solution.

Any hints what causes this error and how it can be fixed?

Also, when exiting MediaPortal, "HCWHelper" crashes. What is that?

Thanks and kind regards
    CK

That's a different problem, you should create an own thread for that. Same goes for kuehnch and scirocco790. (PM each other if one of you creates one ;) )

Kind Regards,
    Muldini

scirocco790

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a fix available now for the channel scan crash in tv server 3? It seems the problem is that some german broadcasters (pro sieben etc...) have changed channel configuration.
    I´ve tried the latest cvs versions, but it does not work.
    Any solution?

cktwo

May 22, 2007
    Muldini:
    I actually did create a separate thread for the issue. The problem is: I don't get any answers or hints...!

Aren't there any programmers around who can check when and why MediaPortal reports the annoying "cannot connect MPG2 pin" error message? There must be a specific reason for that! If only we knew this the problem would be traceable....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom