TV-Server crashes when scanning with analog Cinergy 200 USB (1 Viewer)

me.

September 23, 2010
South of Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello everybody,

Installation went straight forward. Also installed the DVB patch. But when trying to scan the TV-Server crashes or finds no channels.

My card is detected in windows by default as "WDM 2800 analog TV card". When using these drivers, I am able to scan, but TV-Server does not find any channels (see the attached WDM log files for Exceptions).

When I use the Terratec drivers, I get a graph building error when I press the Scan for Channels button (see attached Cinergy log file).

I searched the forums and goolge and tried different suggestions for the graph building error or what prevents the TV-Server from finding channels - no success. Also reinstalling in serveral combinations with the order of installing the drivers, DVB-Patch and MediaPortal (partial and clean uninstalls) did not help.

With the Terratec drivers I am able to watch TV with different analog TV applications (e.g. ChrisTV). So it should work in theory.

I am not experienced enough with MediaPortal so I do not know if this is a bug, simply not possible with this card or if I am too blind to see what I missed.

Any help, hints and suggestions are very welcome.

(This is my first post here. I tried to follow the rules but if anything is not as it should be (e.g. wrong forum, thread title etc.) please also tell me, so I can do better in the future)

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 final
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3500+
HDD: Samsung 160 GB
Memory: 2 GB DDR2
Motherboard: ATI
Video Card: ATI Radeon XPress 1150
Video Card Driver: 8.261.4.0
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio
Sound Card AC3: 2x mic in 2x stereo out
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0
1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy USB 200 / WDM 2800 analog TV card
1. TV Card Type: analog
1. TV Card Driver: 1.708.00.00 (3.85) / 4.60
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow libmpeg2 (latest version)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow default (latest version)
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Kabel BW Germany
Remote: none
TV: Philips 220 SW
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Attachments

• log_cinergy_usb_200_drivers_fresh_install.zip
    2.1 KB
  • log_wdm_2800_analog_tv_card_drivers.zip
    7.3 KB

me.

September 23, 2010
South of Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sad that no one has any idea.
Well I tried any free standalone TV program I could find and all are working well with my card.
So why is TV-Server still crashing (updated to MP 1.1.1 recently but same behavior)? This is driving me nuts ... I still want to use Media Portal - it looks too promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom