TV-Server does'nt stop scheduled recordings (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

I am having the same problem too. Also on Windows 8.1.

The TV Server side logs are attahed. The event starts on these logs at 20:53 hrs (7 mins before 21:00) on Sunday 10th November when Downton Abbey and Homeland both start recording on ITV1HD and Channel 4 HD respectively. I have been away from home for a couple of days and returned to a full hard drive, with a couple of 300 TB files (which I have had to delete).

There have been other occurances, which I ignored, but this is very common now on my system. Since 1.5 Final, and Win 8.1 were released at the same time (ish), I am not sure what is the root cause.

See attached logs

Thanks

Robbo100

Attachments

• Recordings Dont Stop.rar
      2 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Robbo, I guess you mean 300 GB? 300 TB would be quite something. :D

Folks, at this point it appears that the problems reported in this thread are due to two different causes.

On the one hand we have uxDesign running W7 with problems apparently caused by duplicated recordings.

On the other hand we have robbo100, abrandt, toplad (and maybe TheEngineer0815) with problems apparently related to TV Server on W8.1.

This is quickly going to get confusing. I would prefer it if the people with W8.1 problems could continue their discussion over here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/recording-tv-just-stopped-help.122676/
    ...in toplad's thread and leave this thread clear for uxDesign's problem (which appears to be the same symptom with a different cause).

Robbo, I'm going to post a response to your log files in the other thread.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just ran MySQL Workbench and had a look at some tables. Is 'recording' the record of the recorded films?
    Yes, the Recording table holds the details of past recordings. :)

I see a lot of duplicates here with some seconds differences for start time and totally weird end time
    Yep, this is exactly the sort of thing that I was seeing in your earlier log files. My question now is why TV Server would think it needs to record twice.

Is this happening with all schedules, or only some, or with all schedules sometimes?
    For example, it seems like "Der Mondbar" recorded correctly on 11/11, 12/11 and 13/11... but we know from your earlier log files it had problems on 5/11. Did you change anything with that schedule between 5/11 and 13/11?

I start to wonder if it is related to standby/resume cycles. Does the problem occur if you restart the TV service and disable PowerScheduler for a few days?

uxDesign

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2011
    near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me it is random but I will have a closer look to the standby/hibernate mode. 'Der Mondbär' is scheduled some month ago when the series started. At the moment I have two long running series. Mondbär in the morning and 'Wissen macht Ah' in the evening. The last two days I didn't have any duplicates or long runs.

What I changed after my switch to MP 1.5 was the reactivation of PowerScheduler. I used it in the past and it got turned off by an unknown reason. Well, we recognized that we could shut down the PC accidentally while a recording was running. I remembered that it wasn't possible in the past and found out that PS was disabled.
    After 30 min the PC goes in stand-by and after 1h to hibernate.

I turned it off now and we will see if it gets better.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    mm

I will post this on the other thread that you have pointed me towards, but I thought it worth mentioning here for others on this thread to look at too.

I had another occurance of a recording not stopping tonight, and while looking at it, I realised that the EPG data shown for the recording had the finish time for the programme as exactly the same as the start time.

Could it be that this is an EPG problem rather than a specific problem with the TV Server? (I am using XMLTV plugin with Digiguide via dg2xml.exe).

Cheers

Robbo100

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Certainly EPG data is a possible source of the problems uxDesign is seeing. I had thought of it from the perspective of it being caused by EPG data changing... but I thought that would only happen with the built in DVB EPG grabber (which uxDesign doesn't appear to be using). The XMLTV and other EPG plugins usually completely wipe the EPG data before import/update.

uxDesign

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2011
    near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After more than a month I can say the problem exists no longer. I disabled Power Scheduler for some days and re-enabled it after a few days and still no more duplicate recording or endless recordings.

Cheers
    uxDesign

TheEngineer0815

Portal Member
    December 18, 2011
    Kärnten
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hallo!
    I have deleted everything related with MP,
    and made a clean install of 1.6 yesterday.
    OS is Win 8.1 Prof.

I still have the Problem that recordings are not stoping and if i try to stop them via GUI MP hangs up...
    But i was not able to reproduce the problem with the debugger...
    So here is a log file which i took with option 3 of the debugger and one with option 1.

Last edited:

bibo456

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello everyone,

I have exactly the same problem.
    I am very busy these days, but will try to make logs as soon as I can.
    I know it doesn't help, but be aware you are not alone :cry:...
    Hope we will find a solution soon. I can't recording, and that's really annoying.

Thank you to developpers for the great job they have done so far on their spare time(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom