TV Server fails to finish recording (1 Viewer)

dan_nz

Portal Member
August 5, 2007
TV-Server Version: SVN 25 Aug 07
MediaPortal Version: SVN 25 Aug 07
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Windows XP SP2
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 2200+
HDD: 40GB
Memory: 2GB SDRAM
Motherboard: MSI K7N2
Motherboard Chipset: nForce 2
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5200
Video Card Driver: 94.71
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Technisat SkyStar 2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: BDA Beta
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: nVidia Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: nVidia Purevideo
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Optus D1 / Freeview (NZ)
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: 400W
Remote: Microsoft Windows MCE Remote
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: SVideo

I have a manually set recording to record Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 9am (add 5 minutes for post record) for TV One as there is a show that I like to watch but don't want to record all of it. Everyday the show has recorded fine, until it finishes.

I am not home for the rest of the day until 5pm. There also isn't a recording until 6pm every day (for the news) and several other shows afterwards. Last night after setting the manual schedules none of the shows in the evening had recorded successfully, being in multiple files with distorted audio and black picture. I had been out that night so didn't realise a problem until I went to go and watch the programs. A restart made it go back to normal.

Today however the same problem occurred and as I was at home I could catch it. Recording of the news was stopping and starting, and navigating the menus was difficult. I checked the logs, the tv.log was 11MB big and the error.log is 2MB. Looking through them:

* in the TV log, it has several good looking lines at 8.30 saying that it is about to record, etc etc. Then at 9.05am, there is just line after line of the same thing every half minute. It appears it's trying to get EPG data (?).
* in the error log, there is the same error over and over again.

In New Zealand, Freeview has TVOne and TV2 on one transponder and TV3 and C4 on another transponder.

I will disable the custom recording schedule tonight and report back tomorrow if it happened again.

I have attached all the logs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom