TV-server finds channels but can't get em in Mediaportal (All installed on same) (1 Viewer)

sketaful

August 20, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I've been searching and searching but every time I try to find answers for my problem I only find pages with help on either TV-Server not finding any channels or mediaportal not finding channels through wifi (which always seems to have to do with routers)

My problem is alot different ( i think).

I start TV-Server, find all my channels and rename them right.
I do the smae with radio channels.

When everything is set I start mediaportal, and I have no channels.(!?)

I've been trying like hell to fix this but I can't.
Once I just did a channelsearch in the server app and left everything untuched afterwards, started mediaportal and then I actually had all channels, but with names like 16, 63 etc. Not the channels real name.
When I went back and renamed the channels in in tv-server I never got em to show in mediaportal.

What am I missing here?

Both the TV-server and Mediaportal is installed on the same computer so no probs with raouters and such, all channels are found by TV-Server so no problems there either.

I really need help here.
(If there is anything you need like logs, what kinda pc, tv-kards etc I have, just tell me, Im real noobish right now)

Cheers

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Think the problem you are getting is by changing names, you need to then restart the sql database for these to be seen, easiest way I know of is to reboot machine after making the changes.

sketaful

August 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've tried restarting the computer. Didn't work.
    The problem is that I tried scanning for channels after a fresh install and skiped renaming them again and it didn't work. It only worked once. ??

Oh, I miss the internal tv scanner.. *sob*

Seriously? Am I the only one with this problem without it inkluding routers and streaming between computers?

I don't know what to do if I don't get the TV working properly.
    Everything else I want is within Mediaportal and nothing else have come close.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Right time for logs, START menu run the Mediaportal debug mode, select option 3 collect existing logs, then use the forum advanced + feature to upload and then attach them to your post.

Lets see why you cannot view channels in MP, just to be certain if you run tvserver config\channels you can preview any selected channel.

sketaful

August 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'll get back on that. Gonna do a clean install before I post any logs. That way we don't have to get disturbed by other things I do wrong later :p

sketaful

August 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Did a clean remove of everything including databases and now I actually got the TV to work. :)
    I guess there was som trash left in the database from a long time ago.

Thanks for the help anyway. Now all I have to do is try to figure out wy the tv is so "laggy" :p

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom