TV Server Installation (1 Viewer)

codemann

Portal Pro
August 1, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I followed the procedure to install the TVServer on a dedicated server so everyone on the network can use MP to watch TV : install MP (latest SVN build), SQL Server Express, SQL Server Management, TVServer (latest SVN build), Client plugin (on a PC in the network with MP with the latest SVN build).
Then I configured SQL Server as described, allowed the programs in the Windows Firewall, but when I did the first time configuration of the TVServer the TV database wasn't created when TV server configuration was opened.
Instead the "TV Server" item stays empty (see screenshot attached).

What did I miss? What should I check? Any tips? I can't seem to find a way to restart this first time configuration, I'm lost here...

screenshot :

TVServerConf.JPG

As mentioned I used the SVN builds (18/12) and I have a Hauppauge PVR-350 in the server.

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0-SVN-18.12.2007- 0:55:28,31-Build 16660

(2007-12-18)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPA Decoder Filter
Video Codec: MPV Decoder Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.60GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: Abit IS7 (Intel i865-ICH5)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR-350
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: GeForce FX 5200
Video Card Driver: ForceWare Release 163.75
Video Card Resolution: 1024×768
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: ProDigy 192
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis:: -

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've seen this happen and I just had to restart the TVServer service and then the TV Servers item was populated.

For the database connection check out \Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Gentle.config row <DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" ...

codemann

Portal Pro
    August 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm playing with it at work, so I can't test it right now... Damn I need to get that VPN online :)

I tested the database connection right before that config tool opened and it worked, so it should be ok. And the PC has been restarted a few times (so that means the service is restarted too I guess?)
    But I'll try both tomorrow!

codemann

Portal Pro
    August 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    And before I could even try those, suddenly my card was found in the config. I'm finalizing the configuration now. Sorry to bother you guys, thanks for you help vuego.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom