TV Server loses channels after 1 week (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Since installing MP1 a few weeks ago ive noticed an issue where the TV server seems to lose its stored channels after approx 1 week. Last night for example TV was playing fine, but when i booted up this morning and tried to turn TV on, MP couldnt find any streams. This happened around this time last week as well, and after looking in the TV server configuration, MP seems to have lost all the channels stored on my TV cards (novaT-500) meaning that i have to rescan.

My system specs are:

AMD X2 4600+
Gigabyte Mobo
1x500Gb WD Boot HDD
2x1Tb Samsung F1 Storage HDD
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GPU
2x 1Gb Corsair RAM
NovaT-500 Dual TV card

MP1.0 (No SVNs)
MP1.0 TV server
XP Pro SP3

Anyone else had this? At a guess im thinking it might be linked to MP grabbing the EPG.

Could it be an issue that could be solved by installing the latest SVN?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could it be an issue that could be solved by installing the latest SVN?

21813 is the last svn, that works for dvb-t tuning,

i'd be more concerned why the tuning details are being deleted inside your mssql\mysql database, 'd be tempted to look there for the answer, or any antivirus\antispyware that may be triggered to do a scan at weekly intervals.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    im not running any spy or antivirus software so dont think thats the issue. The odd thing is that the EPG is still present if i navigate to TV guide, and all the channels are listed, but the TV cards keep losing their assigned channels (and i *think* the channels disappear from the 'available channels' list, but i could be wrong about this since TV guide wouldnt have any channels in its list right?).

im going to try the latest svn, rescan my tv channels and see where i go from there. can i just get confirmation that theres no major bugs with the latest svn release?:D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    21813 work for tuning dvb-t, 21864 is broken so do not use unless you have already tuned channels.

ps you have got the delay tvserver from detecting TVcards for 20 seconds enabled under general config :)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    21813 work for tuning dvb-t, 21864 is broken so do not use unless you have already tuned channels.

ps you have got the delay tvserver from detecting TVcards for 20 seconds enabled under general config :)

:confused: no i dont have the delay set in my conifg, do you mean here...?

18740.jpg

wont that cause MP to take a really long time to boot up when i switch my htpc on?

do you mean i should try setting it to 20 seconds in my current setup, or just after ive updated to a later svn?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Do you use standby, if so then that does need to be enabled otherwise the TV card may not be recognised on resume, also reinit tuner under the powerscheduler plugin advanced setting, needs to be enabled, if none of these are set, then you may get intermitant no tuner faults showing.

These settings specifically apply to T500 tuners :(

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    I have 'use standby' selected, but i havent actually used it yet. i had the reinitialise tuner issues when i was running MP 0.2.3.0, and could never quite get it working with powerscheduler, so i didnt bother with it in the end. The only reason i have it selected now is so that i can leave a programme recording in home screen, go off to bed and then MP will shut itself down when recording has finished.

not quite sure how this would relate to my issue though but ill give it a go.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Even from boot, you may be getting tvserver trying to connect too quickly to the drivers, easiest way of seeing this is under manual control, there are incorrect reference to tuners.

Worst case i would drop the sql database using mssql server management express (tvserver needs to be stopped for this) and start with a clean db.

Just strange that this is a weekly event, maybe defrag set for the day !!

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    just a quick update on this, after looking at TVServer config when i got home i noticed that the channels had NOT been deleted this time, and it turned out to be a Tv card initialising problem (no surprises there as ive got a NovaT-500 :rolleyes:).

i started again with a new database, and set the initialisation time to 15 seconds and it seems fine now.

PD, cheers for the pointer :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Even Vista MCE has enough sense not to connect until the drivers are fully initialised.

One day will upgrade, but as the two cards I would have gone for, have now discontinued\disappeared off the scene (blackgodl 6in1, pinnacle 7010ix), will have to wait for someone new to make a dual dvb-t\s card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom