TV server lost and MP crashes (1 Viewer)

kimnach

Portal Member
March 18, 2008
Hinckley, OH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
My system specs are listed to the left.

Although I run a single seat setup and have no clients, my system seems to lose the connection to the TV Server often. It's always happened, but more so over the past few months (since 1.1.x). A clean install/update to Win7 in November 2011 did not solve my problems. I have a collection of more than 50 crash reports since November. Most often they occur when the system is sitting idle. I do not use hibernate or standby at all.

I'll turn on my TV after days of not using it only to see MP sitting with a "Connection to TV Server lost", or "MP has stopped working", or I may exit MP when it seems to be working and find a number of crash reports on my desktop. I've missed many TV recordings but, luckily, it's not earth shattering to have that happen.

Tonight, it was both a "TV server" and "Stopped Working" error and then it crashed again after a log was created and while MP was restarting. Attached are two sets of logs, the other 50+ are getting deleted.

TV server logs have numerous " TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardBase.get_IsTunerLocked()" entries. Why and is that the cause? Also, I don't see in the MP logs why it "stops working." (BTW, I do not think that the loopback solution mentioned in a much older thread that I saw is applicable.)

Thanks and here's to stability.....

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have similar problems to you, mepo loses connection to tv server, usually after a freeze requiring a reset to restart. The only way to get it back seemed to be a clean re-install including the database server. After getting very tired of having to do this every other day I resorted to deleting everything then re-install mepo without tv services and set it up. Then I installed fortherecord with the argus tuner and mepo plugin. Ftr is not capable of extracting EPG from sat data stream so has to be used with xmltv guide data. Rather than losing mepo all together I was reluctant to lose the program mainly because of the online video plugin that seems to have no real equivalent in any other PVR software. Anyway so far it seems like a good combination and locking up is a lot less frequent. Hope this helps.

kimnach

Portal Member
March 18, 2008
Hinckley, OH
Home Country
I recently upgraded to an SSD system drive, and did a fresh install of win7pro and MP 1.2.2. Still got lost connection to TV Server errors. Knowing that only MP was installed and the errors occurring, a couple of weeks later I installed all of my favorite plugins and skins. Cannot blame those.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Have you tried to disable ComSkipLauncher or set it to launch at end of recording?

Regards
    Roy

kimnach

Portal Member
    March 18, 2008
    Hinckley, OH
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Have you tried to disable ComSkipLauncher or set it to launch at end of recording?

Regards
    Roy

tonight i tried disabling comskiplauncher, per your suggestion. five minutes before the recording was to stop, the tvserver crashed.

thanks.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    ok, can you attach those logs to this post, need to check what happen around the crash?
    Another thing, do you run anti virus, if you do try disable it or disable scan for recording folder(have seen some problems with that but it's a long time since :) )

Regards
    Roy

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also important: Check if Server has a fixed IP and does not loose NW Connection in the mean time. If it is not constantly networked, install MS Loopback Adapter

kimnach

Portal Member
    March 18, 2008
    Hinckley, OH
    Home Country
    just came downstairs and noticed on the htpc touchscreen that the tv sever had crashed. just 20-minutes earlier it was recording (little red "record" indicator). trying to run the tv server configuration indicates that it has stopped working.

my machine is a Single Seat installation (se my first post at top of thread).

attached is the tv.log from a few minutes ago. (comskiplauncher was disabled, as was crc check, and my epg grabbing is scheduled at roughly 2a.m. each morning.) I notice in the tv.log that the heartbeat timer sometimes times out.

kids are home, gotta go.....

UPDATE:
    came home from our two-week disney vacation and noticed the attached zipped log (may 31) on the desktop

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom