TV-Server (maximum number of tv tuners allowed) (1 Viewer)

scriptman

April 18, 2008
Hi all,

Quick qustion..

Wanted to know what the maximum number of tv tuner cards you can have on a tv-server?

Are you able to record on all the tuner cards at the same time while you watch and change channels on another?

Thanks,
SM

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    How many pci\usb slots available have you got, thats about the limit, 7 TVCards have been run successfully i definately know.

Yes to multiple recording\watching, what kind of TV reception are you talking about, dvb, atsc or analogue.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm running 6 tuners in 3 dual tuner cards, 4 digital tuners and 2 analog tuners.

Using the TV Server the most I've recorded is 10 channels in on time, recording 2 channels on the same PID on the digital cards. This was done as a test of my TV Server.

The speed/bus speed of your HDD and the number of PCI/PCIe/USB ports you have will be the limiting factor.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Wanted to know what the maximum number of tv tuner cards you can have on a tv-server?
    as much as you can attach / install in your htpc :D

Are you able to record on all the tuner cards at the same time while you watch and change channels on another?
    until you max out the read/write performance of your HDD :D

Seidelin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Kgs. Lyngby
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    until you max out the read/write performance of your HDD :D

Yes, and if one HD can't handle the traffic, then you can set the different tuners to record to different HD's. You are most welcome to test extreme configurations :D - and if you do please report your results.

Regards
    Seidelin

scriptman

April 18, 2008
    Thanks guys your reponses are much appritiated!:)

One other qustion if I may...

I’d like to run 4 HD tuners one alalog including a security composite video camera... I currently have a server, 2003 R2 server running 4 gig of RAM , 600 Gig RAID-10 with a intel 3.2 Ghz multi threading CPU. Probably worth mentioning that i’m allso running exchange.. home users attached so not that much load.

Any one else running a simaler setup, experience and suggestions most welcome.

SM

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom