[TV] TV Server no signal fix idea?! (1 Viewer)

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
Hi all,

Like many people I find it quite annoying when you switch to another channel then have to wait around 30 seconds or so until tv-server realises there is no signal and then lets you know. Also like many people I have more than 1 tuner.

How about a function where if you are watching a channel with one tuner and switch channels a free tuner checks to see if there is a current signal before switching rather than stopping the current stream and then going to nothing if there is no signal? It could then just give you a popup saying 'Channel XYZ is not currently broadcasting' while you are free to watch the current channel.

Obviously this won't work for single tuner setups but it would benefit a lot of people with more than one tuner.

Thanks for your work!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    And for those that are in the UK and other countries with non-24 hour channels: we'll be looking into detecting when they are off air in a future version of TV Server (so you'd get a "channel is off air" message pretty much straight away).

mm
    :)

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    And for those that are in the UK and other countries with non-24 hour channels: we'll be looking into detecting when they are off air in a future version of TV Server (so you'd get a "channel is off air" message pretty much straight away).

mm
    :)

I'm in the UK so I imagine thats why I'm complaining! Glad to know its getting looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom