TV Server not working with Hauppauge WinTV-1290 (Combo ATSC/QAM) Card (1 Viewer)

Ish

September 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

Have been trying for the last 6-8 hours to get mediaportal server and client working. Running into issues in getting the Tv Tuner card properly recognized.

Here's the server config -
HP A6660z, AMD Phenom 8250e Triple Core Processor (1.9 GHz), 3 GB RAM, 64 bit Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1), 750 GB Samsung HDD with 250 GB free space.
NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE Display Adapter, Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1290 (Model 85xxx, Combo ATSC/QAM, SW Encode) TV tuner.

TV Server labels the Tuner card as WinTV 885 Analog Tuner. When I do a channel scan (under TV Servers), it's able to detect signal on the right channels but displays "Nothing found" (For example - "Channel:2 source:Cable :Nothing Found"). For channels on which no signal is present, it correctly displays "No Signal". Signal quality is very good for the channels on which a signal is present.

I plan on using this PC as a TV Server as well as a client. If TV server works, I plan on accessing it from other laptops over the network.

I have read the wiki and TV server documentation and have made progress after the initial install but stuck now. I have also verified that I have the latest set of drivers for the TV Tuner card.

Not sure if it is relevant at this point, but the follow error messages repeats throught the "error" logs.
2009-09-07 21:32:52.510588 [17]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Hybrid.HybridCardGroup.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Hybrid.HybridCard.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
at TvService.CardTuner.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

Questions
-------------
1. Has anybody used the WinTV 1290 combo card with MediaPortal TV Server before?
2. Is there a XML description file for the card that I can get and hence get mediaportal server to properly recognize the card?

I also tried GB-PVR. That didnt work (I think there are issues with 64 bit Vista) too. But the "TuningAssistant" in GB-PVR was able to tune-in and recognize all the channels properly.

Any help in getting this to work will be highly appreciated.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom