Tv-Server on Vail?? (2 Viewers)

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

I know someone has asked the question in the 'TV-Server on WHS' thread but there was no response!

Has anyone installed TV-Server on a Vail server yet?

Thanks
Matt

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi

I know someone has asked the question in the 'TV-Server on WHS' thread but there was no response!

Thanks
Matt

Yes i have. It does work (BDA is standard included) but not (yet) supported by the team.

The only problem i had so far is when i am recording or timeshifting and copying data to the server at the same time i get a lot of stutter. I solved this by recording to a separate drive instead of the storage pool.

clarkey2r

Portal Pro
February 9, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi

Thanks
Matt

Yes i have. It does work (BDA is standard included) but not (yet) supported by the team.

The only problem i had so far is when i am recording or timeshifting and copying data to the server at the same time i get a lot of stutter. I solved this by recording to a separate drive instead of the storage pool.

Do you 'read news' on your server at the same time?
Also what spec machine do you run it on?

Thanks for the reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
Replies
Views
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
Replies
Views
Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
Replies
Views
Nice you could resolve the issue!
Nice you could resolve the issue!
I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom