TV-Server Ports (1 Viewer)

Flipit

Portal Pro
February 19, 2005
Hi all,

Just want to give the team a big up for the work done on the TV server. I'm trying the SVNs a the lasted versions have been pretty special. Nice job...

BTW. My laptop seems to have some difficulty in connecting to the server, which I think is a firewall/router issue... anyway for furture reference and to speed up installation on a network when the full version is released... what ports is the server using.

TCP 31456: Found this one.
UPD ?
Other TCPs

Thanks again.

Flipit

Flipit

Portal Pro
February 19, 2005
Tried nestat -b - an only port the server seems to be Listening on is TCP 31456.

I get an established session beween my laptop and the server on this port, but never get a TV appearing on the Laptop... 10/100 wired Ethernet !

Just thought there may be some UDP calls, or other TCPs, that are required that my firewall is blocking.

Oh well.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1. Port TCP 31456 is used for remote-controlling the tvserver
    2. Port TCP 554 is used for RTSP announcements
    3. Each stream will have its own UDP port also, i think the first stream will start at UDP port 1156
    3. and offcourse you will need a port open to reach the sql database

Frodo

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    i'm sorry i have tried all those ports and mind still doesn't work, anyone who has successfully opened ports on windows firewall and its working can you tell me the ports you opened? or PM me?

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    Couldn't you just select the executables that will require ports opened and add them as exclusion to the firewall rules. Eg sqlserver.exe, therefore if the app is using a dynamic port you don't have to change your rule or add a range.

Secondly once we know what exe's are involved part of the mp install process should be to add these exclusions automatically using the netsh command.

I havn;t tested this as I am not using the new engine yet so don't shoot me down if it doesn't work :confused:

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Maybe just turn off the firewall to make sure that this is your problem.
    Once you can determine for sure that it is the firewall then work on getting the exclusions right, but it would be bad to dedicate too much time and then realise something else was causing the problem.

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will say it once more.

Read the WIKI , we didnt write the wiki for my 92 year old grandmother

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom