TV-Server problem - MP freezes randomly when trying to watch live tv (1 Viewer)

kampfy

Portal Member
November 8, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
TS-Server Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: MediaSteam
Windows Version: Vista x86 SP2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 3800+ (S939)
HDD: Western Digital 250GB + 2x 500GB
Memory: 2048MB Cosair DDR-Ram
Motherboard: Asus A8N-E (nForce4 Ultra)
Video Card: ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB
Video Card Driver: latest Catalyst
Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio Codec
Sound Card AC3: coaxial
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Floppy DTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
TV: Toshiba XV37635D 37" FullHD/24p 100Hz LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-D to HDMI

hi,
for just about a week now my tv-server seems to freeze randomly after working flawlessly for about 6 month (tv server and tv-client are installed on the same machine). when i try to watch live tv in MP it freezes while trying to bring up the watch tv menu. only way to fix this atm is to reboot my system, start tv-server config, preview a channel, close tv-server config, start mp and watch tv.
after doing so it might work a hole day or i get the same error again a few hours later. never froze so far while acctually watching tv.

the problem started (or i recognized it) a while after installing my new tv and ps3. the ps3 in connected to my router via cat5e cable and i installed TVersity MediaServer to stream to it. i don't know if these things are somehow related to my problem, but thouse were the only changes i made driver/software/setup-wise before recognizing the problem.

i hope you can help me out for i don't really know how to interprete the logs :/

thanks in advance

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the problem started (or i recognized it) a while after installing my new tv and ps3. the ps3 in connected to my router via cat5e cable and i installed TVersity MediaServer to stream to it. i don't know if these things are somehow related to my problem, but thouse were the only changes i made driver/software/setup-wise before recognizing the problem.

MP and TV-server talk to each other via the Windows network stack, so it's possible that installing TVersity MediaServer on the same PC may be causing the problems.

If you don't need to access TV-server from other PC's then you could try separating the MP/TV-server networking by using the MS loopback adaptor .

Tony

kampfy

Portal Member
    November 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks mate, your link really helped me out.

didn't even have to setup a loopback. changing the the tv-server adress from it's dns name to 127.0.0.1 in tv-server-client settings solved my problem. even with tversity still running :)

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom