[no Bug] tv server problems 1.0.2 rc1 rc2 (1 Viewer)

Paglioni

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2->1.1.0 RC1 -> 1.1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: blue 3
Windows Version: win 2003 r2
CPU Type: amd
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Asus ES3-110
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Pinnacle 310i
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: WinDvr3
MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAC
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Yes, i know.. my is an unsupported OS, but i still want to let you know my experience

With version 1.0.2 i was using my tuner with tvserver without problem.. only with DVB-T (didn't need analog)
Mediaportal was working fine, TVServer too...

then i upgraded to 1.1.0 RC1.
i had the problem with wrong named config file for tvserver, and when i figured it out, the server was working ok
i tried to tune analog channel, but was getting an arror about missing codec for SW card (both cards gave this error, pinnacle and asus), then i installad intervideo windvr3, and the error was gone, i was able to scan for analog channels, but not able to watch them (audio encoder missing)
mediaportal was working, but configurator not... it was simply closing after chosing the normal/advanvced option
no error about that in the configurator log...

last, i upgraded to 1.1.0 RC2
medaportal configurator still isn't able to run, same as 1.1.0 rc1
TVServer runs fine. i can even watch some analog channels scanned with RC1.
So i decided to remove all analog channels and scan for them again
no channel found
nor analog, nor digital (new:0 updated:0)
error logs shows:
2010-04-19 23.49.35.406250 [(4)]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.AnalogScanning.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)
at TvService.ChannelScanning.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)

i'll send error.log from tvserver and configurator.log from mediaportal client.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    See if using the DebugOptions in TV Server with the Reset Graph will get you running. Be sure to restart the TV service (or better yet, reboot) to assure everything is in an initial state... then try rescanning your channels again.

Paglioni

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Tried
    same results
    no error for DVB-T
    same error for Analog
    no channel found or updated in both cases

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Please try attached configuration.exe, should be more verbose about the error...

Please rename "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows\TvPlugin.dll" to TvPlugin.old.

Simone

Attachments

• Configuration.zip
      30.6 KB

Paglioni

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    oops.. my fault.. is this one the right one?

p.s.
    if you want, we can chat via an IM for quick tests and post here the results later

Paglioni

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Working with Simone, we found out the solution of all my problems.

For the TVServer not finding/tuning any channel, i did a complete cleanup of all MP software, removing directories, registry entries, and database (i also ditched MSSql in favor of MySql). Then, reinstalled all MP, renamed tvserver.exe.config to tvserver.exe (known win2003 bug), i've got a new message from SetupTV about multiple istances of psisdecd.dll. I've also found that the version i had of that dll was very old, so i've got the one from the MP wiki (dvbfix), but then i found another version of the same dll in my "C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386" that was newer, so i used that one.

The TvServer is now working perfectly... scanning channels both in analog, DVB-T and DVB-S (have yet to learn to control my dual feed antenna).

For the Configuration.exe crashing, it was the same problem that the just installed TvServer had.
    I had also the problem from this thread but the workaround wasn't working.
    Then i tried renaming all 4 (2 from tvserver and 2 from mp) .exe.config in .config, and bang.. everything was working.
    Configuration.exe and the setuptv.exe crashing caused by ForTheRecord.

So guys, if you have win 2003 (or SBS as Simone told me, and from what i remember, win 2008 too) and MP R2, and you have TvServer not starting or giving "Gentle" errors, and configuration.exe crashing after the "Normal/Advanced" window, then rename all your .exe.config files to .config

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom