TV server skips whilst viewing/recording (1 Viewer)

nipper575

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Vista 64 Ultimate SP1
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
HDD: 2.5TB
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35
Video Card: Nvidia 9600GT
Video Card Driver: 182.08
Sound Card: onboard (realtek)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Leadtek DTV1000 S
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC17
Cooling:
Power Supply: Corsair VX450
Remote:
TV: Phillips Cineos
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I had this problem with MP1.0.1 so I updated to see if it would be fixed but unfortunately it is still occurring.

Basically what happens is I can be watching or recording live tv, it works perfectly when all of a sudden the picture will randomly freeze then come back on but the picture is like a slideshow for about 30 seconds before it all catches up and resumes playing as normal. Take note that MP is still responding through this event, I can still navigate as per normal, also if I turn the live tv feed on and off with in media portal everything resumes as normal.

I originally thought that this must be a reception problem but the card never had any trouble with reception previously before I used mediaportal and the one thing that I think confirms that it isn't my reception is that if I play back any recordings that froze/jittered, the playback of it from where it started it freeze and where it finished is not there. So I basically am left with a recording that is just missing part of the show/movie but it is seamless. One minute you could be watching one scene from the movie and literally in the next second you have jumped to a totally different scene that was 5 minutes down the movie. So it is not recording for the period of time where the video freezes, which means it shouldn't be the reception as if it was then mediaportal would of recorded it as if nothing was wrong.

I don't have any logs of this yet but I will get them soon. Has anyone else experienced anything else like this so I can work on rectifying the problem?

Thanks

nipper575

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
I have a log here but it is massive so I'm not even sure if it will be of any use to you because of its' size.

I can try and make a smaller log but the hard part is that the problem is random so I can be waiting 5 minutes - 2 hrs for the problem to replicate itself.

If the log is useless then I will make a smaller one, I'll just have to keep trying to catch it out. Otherwise if you have any other suggestions as to why this is happening then I'm all ears.

If you need me to explain the problem better or post a short video showing the fault then feel free to ask me.

Thanks

EDIT: Getting smaller log soon

nipper575

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
It has just occurred to me, If I had the timeshift directory set the same as the recording directory, would that explain why I am seeing the live tv skip and freeze?

If so I'm sorry for the stupid error, I am testing this out now to see if it has fixed the problem. If somebody could confirm whether or not this would be applicable then it would put me at ease.

edit: unfortunately that hasn't fixed the problem. This is still related to something else.

nipper575

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
Has ANYONE had a similar problem to this?

Does anybody have any suggestions what so ever in order to fix this problem, or explain why it is happening?

Thanks

nipper575

Portal Member
April 30, 2009
Home Country
Here is a smaller log.

Assuming that signal quality should be as close to 100 as possible, it would seem that I do have a reception problem.

I'm assuming that the "drop discontinued packets" option in media portal is the reason that the stutter/frozen segments are getting cut out of my recordings, but I've very little MP experience so I'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom