TV Server timeout setting over LAN? (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MediaPortal Version: MP 1.1.0 Final *hooray*

Hi all

I have MP installed with a TV tuner on 1 PC (with the MP TV Server). I have a 2nd PC with MP and a HDD full of videos and music. These PC's are connected via a LAN.

In this case i have the MPTV Server PC switched off. I just want to use the other MP on my 2nd PC without needing a connection established with the TVServer. Problem is...it takes like 3-5 mins just to load up MP. Its sort of frustrating to sit there for 3-5 mins while it times out! LOL

Is there a way i can run MP without it needing the TV Server connection so i dont need to wait for the 3-5mins? Other times i want to connect to the MPTV Server but not all the time.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You would need some sort of switch off tv choice on startup of MP to do what you want, I certainly do not know of any current way to circumvent this delay besides manually disablling in mediaportal.xml.

Would be a good option for MP2, but then with a centralized database, not sure on a server\client setup how this could be achieved.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Its kind of a silly solution i agree

I wish i could move my tv tuner to my other PC, make it the server, so it has the TV tuner and my HDD's full of stuff, but theres no TV antenna socket on the wall in this room lol

time to get one i guess

Hmmm...

unless i have still have my TV tuner on my client PC and run a server on my server PC over a LAN..but i dont think that will work...right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom