TV Server won't stop recording! (1 Viewer)

Elf

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: TV Server Engine 0.3(+svn)
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC2(+svn)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Celeron D 2.4Ghz
HDD: Spinpoint SATA 160Gb
Memory: 1Gb DDR400
Motherboard:
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 975
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 6200
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: VBOX DVB-T 220
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: Latest from m/fac website
MPEG2 Video Codec: nVidia Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: nVidia Audio
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Aopen EA65II XCube
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Aopen EA65II
TV: Panasonic HD Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

The title says it all - when I schedule a show to be recorded, it starts recording at the right time and the right channel, records the show, but then just keeps recording.... ....forever if I don't cut in and stop it manually, so far I've managed to accidentally create a number of 30Gb+ files!?

I've searched across the forums and can't find any other reference to this behaviour. I've also checked my post-record time just in case it was accidentally set to 999999 minutes or something strange like that - not the case.

I've got latest svns across the board - and the old MP client TV engine works just fine.
Anyone else seen this one!?

djm66

Portal Pro
February 13, 2007
I had that problem once too. TV Server did a 12 hour recording and then my hard drive ran outta space! Hasn't happened since thankfully..

TV server has a mind of its own sometimes.

Elf

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
UK
Home Country
Hehe - yes, I managed a 16 hour recording last weekend - picked up some interesting stuff I hadn't intended to :rolleyes:
It's fairly reproducable though - three out of the last four recordings have done this!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please post some TvServer logs that we can see the reason for those long recordings. Without the logs there isn't anything we can do to solve the issue.

Elf

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    UK
    Home Country
    Logs attached, although a quick check has revealed that most of them only seem to have today's info - I guess they overwrote when I restarted the PC to get the logs!? :oops:

Anyway, the TsWriter.log in particular, if you look towards the end, you can see where the recorder started on 16th Sept at 20:57, then only stopped 24 hours ater on the 17th Sept at 20:49 (which was when I manually stopped it!)

Dunno how helpful these can be - I'll try to grab some logs immediately after it happens next time.

<edit>It's also worth noting that in TsWriter, a couple of pages above the non-stop recording there's a recording that did start and stop succesfully. (16/09 at 18:37)

djm66

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2007
    This happened to me again last night too. TV3 recorded heroes ok after I jogged it, but then kept going and going!

I'm having to babysit my recordings at the moment; not ideal!

Be grateful if someone could look at my logs, which shall I post? Only tsreader seems relevant although it goes back to beginning of January!

Elf

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    UK
    Home Country
    Hmm. I attempted last night to schedule another recording so that if it went wrong, I'd get the logs..

Instead, the recording didn't happen at all, and the logs show messages like this:

20-09-2007 00:57:25 CPesPacket::Fullbuffer 4582 4582

over and over again from the moment the recording was supposed to start, until it was supposed to finish (but at least the finish time was acknowledged!)

I guess this is a separate issue, but I will continue to try and get some better logs for the non-stop recording thing!
    <edit>In fact I now see this other issue is already reported elsewhere in the forums.</edit>

djm66

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2007
    Tv Server failed to stop a scheduled recording again last night. I'm left with a five and a half hour recording of Clockwork Orange (a two and a half hour film).

I've attached relevant parts of the Tvserverlog. The film started at 11.15 (reocrding started at 11.14) and should have finished at 01.50. It didn't. I manually stopped the recording at 04.43.

Can anyone suggest why this happens; Tv Server wakes up and starts recording fine but just can't stop; normally for longer scheduled recordings. It seems to record short programmes fine.

Is it worth me trying the latest SVN of TVserver? I'm using 1 September at the moment. Elf, do you still have this problem?

Please help, would be a shame to stop using Tv Server in single seat mode (which is otherwise excellent) because of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom