TV Service and CPU usage spikes (1 Viewer)

Sinbe

Portal Pro
December 12, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: X-Factor
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: Intel C2D 3GHz
HDD: Samsung SATA
Memory: 2*2Gb OCZ DDR2 1000MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3
Video Card: ATI HD4850
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 10.8
Sound Card: Creative X-Fi
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Technotrend C-1500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.1.8 BDA
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDshow
h.264 Video Codec: FFDshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

TV Service uses a lot of CPU at intervals of six to seven seconds. The same happens whenever TV service is on, regardless of what it seems to be doing. When I watch TV on MP I get those spikes, when I close MP completely I get the same spiking. If I set the affinity so that the TV service can only run on one core, it uses 100% of that core every six to seven seconds, while running on two cores, it takes about 50% from each. Those spikes cause videos to stutter if I use filtering that needs a lot of CPU power like framerate doubling.

Does anyone else have this behavior and/or any idea what's causing it? I don't know how long I've had the problem, because I just recently discovered it when trying to figure out what was causing the stuttering. I didn't find anything useful in the logs, but I can post some of them if you think they can help out. All I can see in the logs are the EPG grabbing, but nothing periodical that would occur ten times a minute.

Edit: I also tested driver version 5.0.3.1 and the same spiking still happens. Only difference is that with these drivers I get no signal at all.

Edit 2: Reinstalling the tv service seems to have fixed the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom