tv-service = cant reach standby at all... (1 Viewer)

clud

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
TV-Server Version: RC1
MediaPortal Version: RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue One Wide
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD 3000+
HDD: 500GB
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: ABIT AN M2 HD
Video Card: Nvidia 7050
TV Card: Hauppauge PVR500 MCE ( 2x analog )
Cooling: Scythe
Remote: Logitech Harmony One
Sound System: Logitech z5500
TV: Samsung LE32R72B
TV - HTPC Connection: D-Sub

Hi

Recently upgraded to MP RC1 and I have to say its sweet. But always a but, Im totally unable to put my htpc to standby ( s3 ) if tv-service is running. Even if MP i closed i cannot go into standby.
Ive activated client powerscheduler in MP config and the PowerScheduler in TV server config - I use a single seat setup.
If i shut down tv-service then theres no problem ( except tv doesnt work offcourse )
have also tried MST with no luck

any ideas??

br
Christian

fromaron

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Hi Christian,
Might be a silly question, did you change in TV Server configuration Power Scheduler plugin to StandBy mode?
Keep in mind, both power scheduler plugins (TV server and MP tv client) have by default option "Power ON" selected, for whatever reason :eek:.

clud

Portal Member
February 11, 2007
both are set to suspend with the same idle timeouts and so on...

in fact if i shut down mediaportal and its only the tv-service running in the background im still unable to go to "sleep", until i shut down the tvservice...

could it be something windows has "configured" about the service??

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    clud

Have you disabled windows own sleep settings, these may be affecting powerscheduler.

Also try the MST standby tool, thats pretty good for finding these kind of issues.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Maybe you should remove your logs, reboot the whole system and then just wait for the standby/suspend. After sufficient time, post your logs here (especially tv.log of TV-Server)

fromaron

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    only the tv-service running in the background im still unable to go to "sleep", until i shut down the tvservice...

Another maybe silly question (sorry but without logs only silly questions pop up :D). You don't have "prevent from standby while grabbing EPG" option selected by any chance?

clud

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    I understand its quite difficult to help without me posting a log file - so how do I generate a log from the tv server?
    ( think it must be the tv-server since it works when the service is shut down )

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Just use the MP log collector & grab all files after you couldn'tsuspend, this will show everything we need.

Regards
    Roy

clud

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    here is a log of the following

mp starting up, me scheduling a recording to begin in ~15min.

mp never reached standby and never began recording the show.

hope you guys can help me out here

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Hmm, you're using RC1 release, you should update to RC2 & test that, many issues has been fixed.

Btw: also update all on your system too, like everything on win update, WMP 11 etc.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom