[TV] TV Service conflict with Hauppauge WinTV (1 Viewer)

angia

September 19, 2009
Home Country
Italy Italy
I fount that Mediaportal TV Service (which is started automatically) prevents WinTV 7 (which come with my TV-Card from Hauppauge) to display channel. Doing a channel scan whitin WinTV works, but I cannot see channel in TV Windows.
If I stop Mediaportal TV Service and relaunch WinTV all works ok.
If I relaunch Mediaportal TV Service and start WinTV it don't display TV channel.
I see that if TV Server is stopped both TV Server Setup and Mediaportal start it as needed; it would be usefull to make TV Server start and stop as needed by the application and not everytime.
Maybe to implement an option in mediaportal setup to let the user chose how to launch TV server (With system start or Application start).
Regards,
Andrea :D

MediaPortal Version: 110b1_rev23491
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: VISTA Ultimate X64 SP2
CPU Type: INTEL Q9550 2.83Ghz
HDD: 500Gb Seagate 32Mb cache 7200 rpm
Memory: 4 GB DDR2/800Mhz Dual Channel
Motherboard: ASUS P5E-VM HDMI
Video Card: ASUS EAH4350 256Mb HM
Video Card Driver: 9.8
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio Integrated
Sound Card AC3: none
Sound Card Driver: 2.29
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Wintv NOVA-T HD USB
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: Latest
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling: Zerotherm
Power Supply: XION
Remote: Genius Luxemate 810
TV: SONY 46W4500
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

kuraro

October 1, 2009
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hauppauge nova-t-hd installation

Hi angia,

I'm sorry, instead of reply you with an answer... I'm asking you how you was able to install and run your device.
I've got too Hauppauge Wintv NOVA-T HD USB ut I'm not able to see it when I try to install the card: it is not listed in the TV capture card list at all!
But it works with Win7 and I see also via DVBDream the BDA 2.0 drivers....

On the other hand I've no problem with Win7 and I can check some config parameter if you like!

k.

angia

September 19, 2009
Home Country
Italy Italy
Sorry I have Vista 64bit, not Windows 7.

Maybe drivers are incompatible with your system, you must wait for new drivers or may be a Signature of the drivers that block a correct installation (check to se if you could force the drivers install even if they are not certified for Win7).

With Vista not problems installing the Wintv Nova.

I think Hauppauge is the best products I have tested (I tryed Terratec product and the don't update their drivers...) I also have the WinTV CI to see crypted channels and it come with 64bit drivers (Terratec CI-USB only 32bit, and they hare the same hardware!!!).

WinTV works fine and record TV correctly, while Terratec Home Cinema not (Audio desicronized, lose of frames, ecc.).

I wait for Win7 drivers from Hauppauge to install Win7 next months.

Regards,
Andrea

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom