TV Service Crashes when using a remote mySQL server

Discussion in 'fixed TV-Server / Client Bugs' started by hobbes487, November 2, 2007.

1. hobbes487

hobbes487 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    TV-Server Version: 0.2.3.0 RC3

I recently built a linux box to act as a do-it-all server in my house and I want to use it as a mySQL server. I had the tv server set up with the mySQL server on the localhost and everything was working fine. I then uninstalled mySQL server and restarted the TV Server and it asked for the DB connection info. I put in my linux mySQL server info and the Test Connection succeeded. Then it asked if I want to start the TV service. I say yes and then it crashes. I get the following pop-up window: SetupTv has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there a know problem with not using a localhost DB server? Maybe the mySQL settings are not what the TV server is expecting. Can anyone help me out?

EDIT: Perhaps I was a little too quick to post this. I just installed the latest snapshot (11-02-2007) and it seems to be working ok now. Sorry for the bother ! :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!