TV Service Not Starting?!

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Wireless1, October 6, 2008.

1. Wireless1

Wireless1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0 RC2
    Windows Version: XP MCE

Hi,

Just recently, I've had some problems with my setup of MediaPortal.

Last week, I uninstalled GB-PVR and deleted the associated directories. This is the time the problem seemed to start.

When I restart my computer, the TV service does not seem to start. When I go to "My TV", it asks for the host and address (or whatever it does).

When I close mediaportal, and then try and open TV Server Configuration, it says "TV Service is not running, start it now?" and then everything is OK again.

I have checked in the services area under manage computer (right click on my computer / manage) and TV Service is listed and is set to Automatic.

Is there anything which could be stopping the TV Service starting? Should I try and add something to my start up folder to try and 'force' it to start? Any other helpful suggestions!?

Cheers,
    Danny

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. donnacha
    • Premium Supporter

donnacha MP Donator

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ireland Ireland
    Same problem here - only started a few days ago. Don't know what caused it, but like you TV Service only starts upon starting the TV Server Config app!!

4. Sh4nn0w
    • Premium Supporter

Sh4nn0w MP Donator

Telecommunications
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Can you post your logs? Should be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team Mediaportal\Tv Server I think. Difficult for anyone to help without them.

I did have this issue before, unfortunately I can't remember exactly what the problem was and how I fixed it!

5. hakuna

hakuna Portal Pro

Automation engineer
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    • Agree Agree x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!