TV Serving tuners get lost (1 Viewer)

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Configuration:
Dedicated TV-Server with latest SVN (25/26 november), on power 24/7, no mediaportal client on this system.
tuners:
2x Hauppage MCE150
1x FireDtv/C
1x FireDtv/S

After working a long time without any big troubles with TV server, I've the following problem:
Both fireDTV's are lost as tunercards in TV-Server, the hauppage analogue tuners are still there. When unplugging the firedtv's I hear the windows new hardware beep, after powercycle the firedtv's and reconnect the Firewire, the units are back in TV-Server, but at a different level (the number of the tuner). No channels are bind anymore to the firedtv and have to start scanning all transponders again.

I reinstalled completely TV server with SVN of 25/11, but after 1 day the problem is back.

Anyone else experienced this? The strange thing is, it happened 2 times last week, but the 3 months before this never happened.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any driver\windows updates\BIOS changes, sound like the cards are being reinstalled, hence new card numbers.

Try system restore, if you have it enabled.

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It could only be windows update that had done this..
    In Bios, should I select Plug&Play OS true or false?? Maybe this has some cause?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom