TV Setup with AIWX800XT (1 Viewer)

X-Nemesis

Portal Member
November 9, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Can someone link a step by step guide to getting the tv settings up and running?

Currently when I go into TV Server set up my TV Server name is benjamin-d4bb05????? no clue what that is, and when I click on that I see it's type as RadioWebStream...also no clue what this is.

I'm not even sure how to scan for channels.

I hope that someone can at least point me in the right direction if not give me an answer here. Thanks for any help

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

the step by step guide is here: TV-Server/Configuration/TVServers - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

A few additonal comments:

- Make sure that the drivers of your card are installed and working, for example with the software bundled with your card.

- Start "TV Server configuration"

- In TV-Server, you may edit the name of the PC where the server is istalled; you mentioned "benjamin-d4bb05": Maybe this is the default PC name in your network? You may change it by clicking on "Choose IP for streaming", and change it for example to an IP address. But this only works when your PC is using fixed an IP address. So most likely this should be ok as it is

- at the point where you find "Radio Web Stream", you should find your TV-Card also. If it is not there, it is most likely that the card is not installed correctly. So again, go to the first point (Make sure..). When the card is working with the bundled application, you may try it with TvServer again. Maybe you have to reinstall TvServer to force it to find your card.

Alfred

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom