TV stops working when WLAN doesn't work (single seat installation) (1 Viewer)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
    Windows Version: Win XP SP3
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon X3 705e
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 1000GB
    Memory: Corsair XMS2 DHX Series DIMM Kit 4GB PC2-6400U
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-UD2H
    Video Card: Radeon HD 3200 (780G)
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 9.6
    1. TV Card: digital everywhere FloppyDTV S2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.5.N
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD8)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink Audio Decoder (PDVD8)
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD8) & Core AVC 1.9.5.0
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
    HTPC Case: Antec New Solution NSK2480
    TV: LG 37LH5010
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

We have a weird problem on my friend's HTPC. It's a single seat installation. Everytime the WLAN stops working, be it either by deactivating the WLAN adapter or by restarting the router (to which the WLAN adapter is connected), the TV stops working. The MediaPortal client reports "could not start timeshift. No free tv card available."

This makes absolutely no sense to me. We tried putting in 127.0.0.1 or localhost instead of the hostname for the TV client connection, but it didn't make a difference. I have appended the logs of such an incident. Here is an excerpt of the tvserver_error.log
    Code:
    2009-09-14 22:38:55.375000 [4]: card: unable to connect to slave controller at:hathi
    2009-09-14 22:38:56.390625 [4]: card: unable to connect to slave controller at:hathi
    2009-09-14 22:38:57.406250 [4]: card: unable to connect to slave controller at:hathi
    2009-09-14 22:38:58.406250 [4]: card: unable to connect to slave controller at:hathi
    2009-09-14 22:38:59.468750 [4]: card: unable to connect to slave controller at:hathi
    2009-09-14 22:39:05.750000 [11]: EpgCard: Error in EPG timer - System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: 
    Der Host war bei einem Socketvorgang nicht erreichbar 192.168.2.105:31456

Server stack trace: 
       bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
       bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(EndPoint ipEndPoint)
       bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()
       bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.GetSocket()
       bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
       bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg,
     ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
       bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders
     requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
       bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
    Why is this happening? How is the WLAN adapter linked to the TV Server or simply the FloppyDTV?

//woops, should have done more research, just found this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/msloopback-device-singleseat-users-51028/
    I guess this will help :).

thewan

Portal Member
    December 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is a known issue - it is to do with connecting to the database i think - there is a workaround for single seat by installing the MS loopback adapater and consfiguring the DB and client on that one - do a search fro MS Loopback adapter and all will be revealed.

T

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the same issue in RC1. Is there a solution for multiseat setup? I don't have WLAN, but I have a dedicated MSSQL server and a dedicated TVServer

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have you tried setting a static IP that is outside the bounds of the DHCP server?

every server is setup with static IP outside the bounds of DHCP.

I'm just asking myself.. why is the code for slave server still there while it's dropped of the functionality list long time ago.... Or do I misunderstand the term 'slave controller'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom