Tv-Stream cannot be played on 2nd machine (1 Viewer)

mp-user

Portal Pro
July 26, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0.0 RC5
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: Vista Home Professional
CPU Type: AMD Turion 64 X2
Memory: 2GB RAM
Video Card: ATI X1250
Video Card Driver: 8.593.100... with Catalyst 10.2
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC - MPEG2 Video Decoder (Gabest)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC - MPA Decoder Filter
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder

I run a MP 1.1.0.0 RC5 Server on a WinXP Home machine. All works fine there, including the TV-Client. I installed MP on a Vista Machine later on and can't play any TV streams there.
The connection seems to work fine because I get full EPG from TV-Server and in the tv.log from server I see the use of the chosen channel.
Because I thought of codec issues I've installed K-Lite mega codec pack and tried with both VR9 and EVR, same results like before (with little difference in log files).

Maybe there is someone able to help me with that issue?
Thanks in advance,

mp-user

Ausdigital

Portal Pro
September 17, 2008
Home Country
Try changing the video codec to one installed on the second machine. I had similar issues with the MPC Video Decoder and had to select the Cyberlink one... worked after that.

good luck.

mp-user

Portal Pro
July 26, 2008
AW: Re: Tv-Stream cannot be played on 2nd machine

Thank you for your help.

Ausdigital: Changing everything possible to Cyberlink doesn't helped at all. Same error as before.

@Paranoid:
I think I remember MP saying something like "Codec not found" in older versions if this was the case - was this message removed?
I ran Filmerit on the server machine (where TV-Client works fine) and it misses ...\mediaportal\mpsa.ax (MediaPortal Stream analyser) - do you know if this is an entry from an old installation and de-installation of MP simply doesn't worked correctly? Should I delete the entry?
Then there are some Microsoft Filter with "Error F10 - No Filterdata" and one Filter from the TV-Card (Hauppauge) with "Error F02 - No CLSID". Every error in spite of the mpsa.ax where gone after deleting two "No Name"-Filter with mostly "No Data" and rerunning Filmerit.

The 2nd machine where TV-Client didn't worked at all had other results:
0 error on 383 filters

Any idea how to move on?

mp-user

mp-user

Portal Pro
July 26, 2008
AW: Tv-Stream cannot be played on 2nd machine

I just wanted to tell that I've tested to use the VMR9 Player (from Win7 SDK Samples) on the 2nd machine and everything played fine. Maybe someone has an idea why it doesn't work with MP TV-Client, altough both VMR9 works and all Codecs seem to be installed fine.

mp-user

mp-user

Portal Pro
July 26, 2008

Are there any other logs I could post that would be helpful to solve this problem? I'm really interested in getting MP 1.1 to work.

mp-user

mp-user

Portal Pro
July 26, 2008

Just installed MP 1.1 final on TV-Server and Client. Still the same: server machine works like a charm, 2nd machine says "could not play stream" without any additional info.

Do I have another chance than reinstalling the whole system?

mp-user

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany

try to set the ip in tv server configuration instead of pc's name for tv server. If a remember right. select TV server name, the right mouse click, then select IP. Put in ip as well in all mp client configuration tv section

mp-user

Portal Pro
July 26, 2008

Thank you for your reply!
I changed to IP in all client configurations, the result is still the same.
How can/should I set the name of the server in TVconfig?

BTW: Please remember that the connection itself works, I can see the grabbed EPG of the server in the EPG of the client machine and can plan records there as well. Only streaming does not work at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom