tv suggestions (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

- automated mute tv input (line input, mic input, whatever it happens to be) when tv is off. Also mute the audio input when you watch recorded tv.

- watch tv in full screen while recording

- volume display in tv and all modes.

- Show Keyboard Display after recording is stopped to type in name of recording or just generally be able to change names of recordings through its interface.

phpchris

Portal Pro
June 18, 2005
favian said:
- automated mute tv input (line input, mic input, whatever it happens to be) when tv is off. Also mute the audio input when you watch recorded tv.

Can this be realized somehow?

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
May 13, 2005
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
- watch tv in full screen while recording

That's already possible. Only if you want to watch a different channel then the one you are recording you need either a dual tuner or a second tv-card.

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
phpchris said:
favian said:

Can someone explain the need for this?

My Hauppauge PVR500MCE doesn't use the Line Input on my sound card....it uses bus audio for both tuners. I have a software card which uses this input so if MP starts screwing around with that input, it's going to screw with my other TV card (and I would not be happy).

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

please note the the original post from favian is very old (especially concerning the fast development of MP).

Flip.

phpchris

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2005
    Khris said:
    phpchris said:
    favian said:

Can someone explain the need for this?

My Hauppauge PVR500MCE doesn't use the Line Input on my sound card....it uses bus audio for both tuners. I have a software card which uses this input so if MP starts screwing around with that input, it's going to screw with my other TV card (and I would not be happy).

Mine is using the line input so I hear the sound of TV all the time if it doesn't get muted.

phpchris

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2005
    It is an old KNCone with a Conexant 878A chipset.
    Does anyone know if I can get the sound somehow else?
    Maybe I don't need the Line-in?

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm not sure about other cards, but the Hauppauge cards send their audio over the bus (meaning they don't require a line input on the sound card).

The advantage of this is if you have 2 or more tuners, they don't need individual line inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom