TV Tuner config - United States not listed (1 Viewer)

kraken

October 24, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Windows Version: Vista 64
CPU Type: phenom

Memory: 4gb

1. TV Card: Kworld USB Stick Digital Tuner

I just installed MediaPortal and went to configure the tuner in the tv-server configuration. It does not show United States on the list of countries for scanning for channels with my tuner. I tried scanning with other countries but it doesn't find anything. Any ideas?

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

I'm not sure why its not listed, maybe because no info has been provided? What kind of TV are u trying to receive?

You can always add your own frequency table under C:\ProgramData\TeamMediaPortal\TuningParameters\
    Also check that the card been detected in sever.

/tompa

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I think he wouldn't be able to search at all if the card wasn't detected. My suggestion is to do a scan on your TV and see what frequency it finds the channels on and then du an advanced scan. In the search windows tick "use advanced tuning options", enter one of the frequencies from the TV and press "Scan for channels". An other option would be to use the "search for transponder list" option.

But they should really add a way to search ranges again.

kraken

October 24, 2010
    Home Country
    It's the USB ATSC TV Stick (UB435-Q) model and it's digital only. MediaPortal recognizes it fine but I cannot do a channel search for United States. When I choose other countries it activates the tuner and searches but it's not searching the correct frequency so it never finds any channels. Thanks

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The safest thing would be to get the frequencies from your TV and then do an advanced search using those.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    Post a screen print of this and gather your logs... my gut feel is the driver you loaded for that tuner... or perhaps its compatability w/Vista

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom