tv vertical tearing and static (1 Viewer)

tacroy

Portal Member
March 3, 2005
Ive got a center that works great for everything else, music, videos, everything, but i've always had a problem with TV.
I'm using a AIW 9800, which i know is not supported for timeshift or even recording very well, but it DOES show the channels when I selecte them. However, the channels are shifted vertically, so i see the seams and the pictures are cut in half and looped at the top and btm of the screen. Also it is horrible reception (i am using antenna) which is odd, because my tv and VCR are plugged into the same antenna (a splitter box).

So my questions are, is there some sort of option i can choose to fix the tearing? There are so many TV options I have no clue what they do and didnt know if it was a simple software fix. Or is it bad HW, I didnt want to drop the money on a new card and just have the same problem.

Second, are tv tuner cards inferior to vcr / tv for "pulling down" antenna signal? Should my card get worse reception then my tv when connected to the same unmoved source?

Thanks!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this does not sound like tearing. Anyway, tearing should be turned of with:

Setup->General
    - Check "Use Exclusive DirectX Mode"

It more sounds like wrong "TV standard" setting:

Setup->Television->TV Channels->Edit->Analog
    - TV Standard (PAL / NTSC - depends on your country)

Flip

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced to make the switch, because I'm already liking MP2 more. But still, the original problem remains a frustrating mystery.
    I completely uninstalled MP1 and installed MP2. Audio is now good. I'm relieved, and I suppose a little glad to have been forced...
    I am running 1.29 Pre-release on Windows 10 Pro. I use MP only to watch TV through my Hauppauge tuner card. I am suddenly getting...
    Replies
    Views
    for it can record, many channel from the same transponder. but thank you for confirming your asking
    for it can record, many channel from the same transponder. but thank you for confirming your asking
    I'm currently using a TBS6985 DVB-S2 quad tuner, but we have reception issues - seems to be caused internally in the server - I...
    Replies
    Views
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model Object Manager. As soon as they are disabled TV server will always show "port 554 is already bound". Enabling/disabling events is done by this reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WBEM\CIMOM]...
    So after a long search and a lot of experiments I did find out the culprit: I did disable events of the Common Information Model...
    I've got a Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A Twin and a DigitalEverywhere FloppyDTV for Satellite TV. I've been running MediaPortal 1.4.0...
    Replies
    Views
    i don't know if @Owlsroost can look this or @framug
    i don't know if @Owlsroost can look this or @framug
    Hi, I've been using MP TV-Server for ages in and old windows 7 32-bit PC, and different dvb-x cards (t, s). Some months ago I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom