[TV][VIDEO] switching between audio channels

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by gig, January 9, 2008.

1. gig
    • Premium Supporter

gig MP Donator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Started on: 2008-01-09
    last update: 2008-01-09

Summary:

The MP should be able of switching between audio channel while playing streams (TV,VIDEO) containing more then one audio channel.

Description:

At present MP doesn't provide simple switch to change between audio channels, neither while playing DviX containing more then one audio stream nor when watching TV program broadcast with dual audio.

best wishes
    gig

fix ---> see last post for solution

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,374 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    I had no problem switching to an english soundtrack from french in my District B13 mkv move file. I just when to the Audio menu and switched.

4. gig
    • Premium Supporter

gig MP Donator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for getting back on that subject so late, but since I was using the 2.0.x version I thought that me not being able switch between the audio streams was due to the old MP version I was using.

Now, having a little spare time I have reinstalled (clean installation of system and apps) my media box.

Unfortunately, the new version haven't fix the issue for me :(

The videos are played with all 3 audio streams at the same time, which is kind of annoying as you can imagine.

In audio menu I have only AV delay slider, nothing else!

I installed the 0.2.3.0 stable and have tasted it with Monochrome and the standard Blue skin, none of which has anything else but the “AV delay” in audio menu.

Changing the audio decoder to AC3 or ffmpeg and trying to switch the streams with the keyboard key "A"
    was no help.

Is there a easy way to either fix this issue or add such feature to upcoming release?

If you need me providing any more information let me know and I will be happy to help.

regards
    gig

[edit]

some screenshots of the audio menu and of media player classic which has no problem with switching the steams.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Bussiebaer

Bussiebaer Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I got the same problem :-(
    Is there someone who don't have the problem, and tell us his settings (Codec etc.)?

6. gig
    • Premium Supporter

gig MP Donator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I must admit that some of the dual sound mkv files works fine and I'm able to switch between the audio streams. Only multiple sound avi files are played with all streams at the same time.

I don't think it has got anything to do with codecs or particular settings (I might by wrong, I hope :)) since Media Classic Player uses the system codecs , the same way as the Windows Media Player do. (which Media Portal uses) and has no problem what's so ever with any multiple audio stream file.

What I think is, that's just a lack of feature or bug.

In order to watch these multiple audio streams files using Media Portal I use the My Mplayer GUI plugin, since mplayer has no problem with these files.

7. gig
    • Premium Supporter

gig MP Donator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!