[no Bug] TV viewing stops after few channels (RC1,RC2) (1 Viewer)

C

cYbton

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 64
1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T, PCI-X
1. TV Card Driver: BDA Driver 1.1.0.284
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink (PDVD9)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
(SAF 4.0)

Hey,

first of all i made a fresh install of RC1. I'm using MP for a long time, but the TV part is new for me. While switching the channels (about 5-8 channels) I get the error messages "timeshift couldn't start" or "unknown error". I have to restart Windows and it work's again for a few channels. I'll tried this dll without any change. Today i updated to RC2 and there's still the same problem.

I know I should made a fresh install of RC2, but I think it has to do with this TV-Card not with MP. So please tell me that this TV-Card is crap. :) I'll be glad when someone will have a quick look on my log files. In the pack "before restart" TV doesn't work from beginning and in the packet "after restart" it works for a few channels and stops then.

C

cYbton

Today i found out that when the error "timeshift couldn't start" appears and I'm switching back to the last function channel the timeshift plays the last few seconds. So now when I'm fast forwarding I can switch to 1 another channel. After switching to the next channel the timeshift buffer of the the pre-previous channel appears again. And so on... After a time nothin' works and the "unknows error" message appears.

C

cYbton

damn I tried to reinstall tv server and now getting the error "MySQL - set password error:1" while installing MySQL 5.1 ...

Ok i got it, but i don't know how... after a clean reinstall the error appears immediately... i don't change anything in the settings, just scanned the channels... after switching 3 channels timeshift couldn't start... after a little waiting time the choosen channel is shown, then switching to another the timebuffer of the first channel was replayed...

I tried the --DebugOptions parameter and set the reset graph option - without sucess.

After the erros I can't watch tv with DVBViewer... restarting the TVService shows no effect... just restarting the system works...

Is there a option to disable timeshift for testing purposes? Please help guys. :)

C

cYbton

Today it worked 2 times running MP...

then it appears again... it's always unable to start graph.

Code:
2010-04-19 18:27:40.087205 [(12)]: Exception   :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to tune to channel
   bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.SubmitTuneRequest(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, ITuneRequest tuneRequest, Boolean performTune)
   bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
   bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBT.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
   bei TvService.CardTuner.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

2010-04-19 18:27:49.330733 [(16)]: Exception   :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
   bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
   bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
   bei TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBT.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)

C

cYbton

So please tell me that this TV-Card is crap. :)

Ok I'll continue with my monologue.

Yes, that's it! The TV card is more than crap!
I'm now on Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 and it works fine!

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Don't feel your "monologue" is wasted - we do read and absorb. I'm in the USA and we have ATSC as our broadcast standard. While some of the fundamentals in how these guys (develop code to) interface with the hardware, some of us users aren't able to pitch in when our hardware is different.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT

I've only just seen this post myself :confused:

ronilse one of our testers had similar problems with the above card, turned out to be a faulty solder connection which he was able to fix himself.

Sorry if I'm trying to shift problem away from MP, but could you test the card with its own software and see if problem remains or goes away.

C

cYbton

Yes, the card works with the software and with DVBViewer, but when I got the errors in MP then i had to restart the full system to get the card working again. Sometimes it didn't cache channels etc.

I bought this card because of some good user opinions here in the forum, but I think it was more a driver problem in Windows 7.

Now the card is gone and the Hauppauge does the job very well. The receiver is also much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom