TV Vlaanderen: suddenly No video on channels astra 19.2 frequency 12721 (1 Viewer)

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Since 16/06/2010 I have difficulty to receive channels on one particular ASTRA 19.2°E frequency 12721 from TV-Vlaanderen. This frequency includes Eén, Ketnet/Kanvas, VT4, VijfTV, VTM and 2BE.
It is quite a particular problem as it is occuring only on one frequency, and everything worked fine until 15/06/2010.

From the "TV-server configuration" "manual control" it is possible to start a timeshift and to start a recording.
When looking at the resulting TS files they show just very small bits of image.

When trying to view from the HTPC the image is fully black (so no image at all).

When trying to view from another PC (W7 64Bit that I just used for this comparison) it shows more or less the same as on the TS recording mentioned above.

The TV Server service crashes now and then, and only on those channels.

Does anyone suffer from the same issue?
:D

MediaPortal Version: Server 1.0.0 Client 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: Server:XP client: Vista
CPU Type: Server Intel P4 2.4Ghz 512Mb RAM, Client Intel Dual Core E5200
HDD: Server: 80 GB IDE for OS, 1TB USB2 WD 10EAVS with videos, recordings and timeshift, Client Transcend 64 GB SSD
Memory: Server: 512Mb DDR, Client 3GB DDR-2
Motherboard: Server Dell Intel based, Client Intel DG45FC
Video Card: Server NVidea Gforce 4 Ti 4200, Client Intel DG45FC incorporated
Video Card Driver: Server NVidea Gforce 4 Ti 4200 6.14.10.9371, Client Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset 8.15.10.2057
Sound Card: Server: Santa Cruz (not used), Client Intel DG45FC incorporated
Sound Card Driver: IDT High Definition 6.10.6017.1
1. TV Card: Server: Floppy DTV S2 HW version 01.24.04 FirmWare version 1.5.2 Build 30740
1. TV Card Type: Single DVB-S2 with Aston 2.2 CAM
1. TV Card Driver: Digital Everywhere FireDTV BDA driver 5.0.1.0 (Disabled for clean analysis purposes)
2. TV Card: Floppy DTV S2 HW version 01.24.04 FirmWare version 1.5.2 Build 30740
2. TV Card Type: Single DVB-S2 with Aston 2.2 CAM
2. TV Card Driver: Digital Everywhere FireDTV BDA driver 5.0.1.0
MPEG2 Video Codec: Microosoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDShow rev 2649 Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC 1.9.5 Professional
Satelite/CableTV Provider: TV Vlaanderen Basic Light
HTPC Case: HFX Micro M2 Black
Cooling: Heatpipes
Power Supply: External 120 Watts
Remote: Gyration 3101
TV: Sony KDL46WE5
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI
Satellite Dish: Technisat Multitenne Twin

Berns

Portal Pro
July 27, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Solved.

The history for you all to eventually take some experience from it:

Though TV Vlaanderen promisses to respond to calls for support within 2 working days, they actually called me after 4 working days.

While I was awaiting their call I was looking at possible options.
-Was there a scrambling change for just specific channels? (searched the net but no other people reported similar issues on same timeframe)
-Did I have to reset my CI-module using the TV Vlaanderen web interface? (could not hurt to do so, so did that, to no avail)
-Would there be something wrong with my reception system? (Have 2 same receivers, 2 same CAM's and was able to test with both, but no improvement)
-How could I test if it was the antenna or other stuff? (Contacted a friend to bring his regular decoder and to hook up his gear to my TV)

My friend concluded that reception indeed was poor and that his sat receiver had the same issues than my mediaportal system, when hooked to my antenna.
Got up the ladder and gave my Satellite dish a small tick of the fist. Problem solved.

Guess what the comment of TV Vlaanderen was, when they called me 2 days late:
"Pleas give a little tick to your sat antennna."

At least their suggestion was spot on.

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good to hear that all is fine again, but did you realise that the tv-service crashed when your reception is poor ?

Ain't that bad ?

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    About the server crashing: I installed version 1.1 on my server machine (from scratch and after complete removal of the 1.0.2 version). When I'm going for difficult reception, in the middle of a rainy evening, the server stays operational.

For those who want to use HD reception from TV Vlaanderen or CanalDigitaal, I can inform you all that server version 1.1 detects the HD channels far better.
    I will do deeper user testing, but after the refresh I'm glad to look at Eén HD, Ketnet/Canvas HD and VTM HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom