TV2 Crop-Settings not used when DVR-MS files are produced (1 Viewer)

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

I’m having a problem with the latest releases, I don’t know which SVN introduced the problem but I never had it before. It is related to the DVR-MS files being produced by TV2 (not TV-Server) during recording. The problem is that the latest DVR-MS files produced exclude the crop-values (the one’s set in TV2), so if it is played/converted outside of MediaPortal you get black outline around the recorded program. What this means to me is that during recording the crop-values are ignored, resulting in the movie/program being recorded as if no crop-values were defined. Where previous movies/programs would have filled the screen, you now get a movie with a black rim around it.

Can someone please confirm this possible BUG and log it if needed so that it can be fixed.

TV-Server Version: Not Used
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1 + SVN 19158
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
    Windows Version: XP Profesional SP2
    CPU Type: Pentium Duo 3.2GHZ
    HDD: 2 X 240GB
    Memory: Kingston DDR2-800 2GB
    Motherboard: Intel Frost Burg DG33FB
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 7.12
    Sound Card: Creative SB Audigy 4 Pro
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: Latest
    1. TV Card: Hauppage PVR500
    1. TV Card Type: Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.24227
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Intervideo 8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Intervideo 8
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: DSTV MultiChoice
    HTPC Case: ThermalRock Mystic
    Cooling: 3 X ThermalTake Fans
    Power Supply: Dont Know
    Remote: Microsoft MCE Model:1039
    TV: Tedelex
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi

I’m having a problem with the latest releases, I don’t know which SVN introduced the problem but I never had it before. It is related to the DVR-MS files being produced by TV2 (not TV-Server) during recording. The problem is that the latest DVR-MS files produced exclude the crop-values (the one’s set in TV2), so if it is played/converted outside of MediaPortal you get black outline around the recorded program. What this means to me is that during recording the crop-values are ignored, resulting in the movie/program being recorded as if no crop-values were defined. Where previous movies/programs would have filled the screen, you now get a movie with a black rim around it.

Can someone please confirm this possible BUG and log it if needed so that it can be fixed.

Crop settings are only applied (non-destructive) during the playback. They have never been applied for the recordings itself. If the cropping would be done to the recordings itself then we would need to decode and re-encode the file on the fly.

So this is not a bug, but instead it works as designed.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

Thanks for the quick response and explination, perhaps I have not tested enough to come up with a proper explination of the problem.

I still believe something is wrong, because none of my recording come out as they did in the past....but I will test a bit more and get back to you when I have more detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom