TV3Blaster Setup - "None" for blaster port? (now only port 2 works) (1 Viewer)

DigitalFusio

Portal Pro
January 16, 2009
Minnesota
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello all,

After nearly a year of everything working great for me, I had MP basically crash because the database became very corrupted after I did some manual deleting of old recorded TV shows. I decided to just uninstall the entire thing, and start with the latest releases of everything. I cannot, for the life of me, get blasting working again. When I attempt to run the STB setup in TV3Blaster, there is "none" listed for Blaster Ports, and there are no other options. I have unplugged my USB blaster, restarted the computer, and plugged it back in again, and I still have "none" for blaster ports.

The blaster came with one of my Hauppauge HVR-1800's and worked perfectly before the uninstall and reinstall of MP.

Where do I even begin attempting to figure out why I have "none" listed for blaster ports?

DigitalFusio

Portal Pro
January 16, 2009
Minnesota
Home Country
Re: TV3Blaster Setup - "None" for blaster port?

My system, if it helps:

MP 1.0.2 w/StreamedMP
Vista Home Premium SP1
Asus P5WD2-Premium
Intel D920 (2.8 Dual Core) & 2gb DDR2
120gb Primary HD & Hitachi 1tb storage
ATI Radeon X1900XT
Two Hauppauge HVR1800's
Gyration RF Remote

DigitalFusio

Portal Pro
January 16, 2009
Minnesota
Home Country

I am going crazy trying to get this working. I am running a USB IR Receiver/Blaster, that is listed in Device manager as follows:

Under Human Interface Devices it is listed as "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver":
53034d1263015553-tv3blaster-setup-none-blaster-port-devicemanager_ehometrans.jpg

Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers it is listed as "eHome Infrared receiver (USBCIR)":
53035d1263015553-tv3blaster-setup-none-blaster-port-devicemanager_ehomerec.jpg

I cannot get it to blast for the life of me. No red blinks from the blasting eyes at all. I remembered that I used to have an issue before with blasting, and after a resume I would have to restart the Input Service. However, now with these new version of MP and IRSS, it seems I do not have an "input service"?
53036d1263015553-tv3blaster-setup-none-blaster-port-services_noinputservice.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the TV3Blasrter config screen. for the IR Blaster ports drop down, there is "none" selected, and when I open that drop down there are no other options besides "none". I have a two port blaster, and used to be able to control both of my cable STB's independantlly, now it seems like it is not recognizing this blaster?

53037d1263015553-tv3blaster-setup-none-blaster-port-tv3blaster_noports.jpg

Attachments

• DeviceManager_eHomeTrans.JPG
    DeviceManager_eHomeTrans.JPG
    71.3 KB
  • DeviceManager_eHomeRec.JPG
    DeviceManager_eHomeRec.JPG
    78.3 KB
  • Services_NoInputService.JPG
    Services_NoInputService.JPG
    95.1 KB
  • TV3Blaster_NoPorts.JPG
    TV3Blaster_NoPorts.JPG
    90.2 KB

DigitalFusio

Portal Pro
January 16, 2009
Minnesota
Home Country

What the heck????

I uninstalled IRSS and rebooted the computer. I then reinstalled IRSS - same issue, "None" listed for Blaster ports in the TV3Blaster STB setup.

I checked the services list, and I see that I had manually disabled everything VMC related. I enabled them all again and rebooted.

I uninstalled IRSS and reinstalled IRSS without a reboot. Port 1 and Port 2 are listed for blaster ports.
-Selecting "both" sucessfully blasts IR comands two both my IR blaster bugs
-Selecting "Port 1" DOES NOT blast any IR commands
-Selecting "Port 2" successfully blasts IR commands to one of my IR bugs.

I even swapped the IR bugs around on port 1 and port 2 just to be sure, even tho they worked when "both" was selected. I cannot select "port 1" and blast commands.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

This sounds like a very old problem.

Ever since I have my HP Z552 I have only been able to use port 2 to blast. Even before I ever used MP and was still on MCE. I have used HIP and other IR s/w, but it was never solved. I tried IRSS more than a year ago and back then it did not solve the problem. I'm back to using HIP for unrelated reasons. I don't even know if it is the h/w or the drivers, but I was certainly not the only one with this problem and it was not only the HP h/w that showed this behavior.

This links to where blasting in MP started back in 2006:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-server-suite-irss-165/original-thread-mce-replacement-plugin-v1-0-0-a-11068/index17.html#post88574

There is mention of only port 2 working.

VdR

DigitalFusio

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2009
    Minnesota
    Home Country

hmm...

All last year with MP 1.0 and whatever version of IRSS/TV3Blaster that was released at that time, I had both blasting ports working, and was able to independently control both set top boxes.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Then it may be much simpler, maybe your h/w has gone bad.

VdR

DigitalFusio

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2009
    Minnesota
    Home Country

there is always that possibility. However, selecting "both" does blast both IR bugs, so port 1 will work, just not independently. It also seems strange that it would work fine, then no longer work with the newest version of MP, IRSS, and TV3Blaster.

are there any other apps that I could use to connect/test the IR blaster HW to see if I can get port 1 to work independently?

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh, I had missed that. 'Both' does blast at port 1.

Then the earlier issue is most likely to be unrelated, 'Both' did not blast port 1. Also, as you say a h/w failure is unlikely then.

VdR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom