tvchannel setup

Discussion in 'General Support' started by johnna, October 16, 2005.

1. johnna

johnna Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi

Can someone point me in the direction of how to set up my tvchennels. I have gone through the setup process and see all the tvchannels in the tvsetup options but what do i do with them next.

If i set bbc1 to SVCD and go into media portal the channel works ok, but what do i do with all the other channels, if i try to setup bbc2 to svcd it says channel already exists, what am i doing wrong?

john

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. johnna

johnna Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    someone must be able to point me in the right direction..

i have all the channels in the tvsetup in media portal but the only one that works is the one i setup to be scvd, which then changed the channel id to 250000

what do i do with all the other chanels.

john

4. kaliatech

kaliatech Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't fully understand your setup/problem, but have you looked at the "External" tab on the "Edit properties of TV Channel" dialog? (The dialog you see when you click the "Add" channel button.)

That dialog tab allows you to set in an external input source for a specified channel...which I *think* is what you are trying to do.

I had to do the same thing when using an external DirecTV (satellite) settop box with a Hauppage TV capture card.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!