MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra v3104a
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: OrigenAE x11
Cooling: Zalman 7700cu
Power Supply: Enermax Silencer 650w
Remote: Harmony 880
TV: Infocus 61" DLP
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Over this last weekend, I picked up the 8600GTS and wanted to give Vista another try and play with EVR so I had the whole reload party in full effect. Got Vista installed, all the latest drivers and updates installed and then started in on MP/TVE3. Everything was looking great and I must have jinxed myself when I said aloud, "This is going too well. Time for a beer.", because that is when it went down hill. TVE3 detected my card just fine and I went about fixing up my settings and scanning. Lo and behold, the moment I hit scan, my day went to crap. It went through the scan process on 2 LNB's in about 2 seconds. So I take a look at the logs (see attatched error.log) and I see the same errors repeatedly.

So I'm thinking I would install the BDA driver and see how that goes. Wait, what? TVE3 now thinks my SkyStar2 is a DVB-T ATSC card. o_O

If someone bright enough to understand that log could interpret it and provide some suggestions I would appreciate it.

Also, again. I installed the entire software package of the 4.4.1 Final drivers so the server4pc would be installed, hence also installing the graph needed for TVE3 to use the SkyStar2 WDM drivers. This exact setup also worked great just about 2 months ago, the only difference being the 4.4.1 drivers were in beta status then. I went looking for those driver but alas, they have been removed from the download page. Link anyone?

Thanks,

CG

CYaBro

Portal Member
April 27, 2006
Whangarei
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey I just tried the latest BDA drivers for my two SkyStar2 cards and MP now also thinks that they are ATSC DVB-T Cards.
I'm about to try and roll back to the old BDA driver.

CommGuru

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
Glad I'm not alone in that one. I will try to hunt down an older driver myself later. Too bad they took down previous driver versions from their webpage.

CYaBro

Portal Member
April 27, 2006
Whangarei
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yep just rolled back to the previous driver I was using and it's all good again.
I have attached the BDA drivers for you to try.

CommGuru

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
bah, Vista bsod's when I try to install those. You wouldn't happen to have the whole install package would you?

Thanks for the help.

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi there, the driver package from Technisat also has non BDA drivers as part of it, you should be able to manually point the driver update at the folder containing them (your looking for the file skynet.ini i think) and then that should restore your functionality. The BDA drivers are to allow it to work with Vista MCE, out of interest although it showed up as a DVB-T card did you try scanning for channels etc?

Hope the above helps

Cheers
m

CommGuru

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
Yes, I'm trying to use the non-bda drivers as I usually use with no issues. It's just that MP doesn't like the new 4.4.1 final version drivers both WDM and BDA and I'm unable to find the old beta drivers now anywhere on the interweb. And no, I didn't try to scan with my 'DVB-T' card. :D

If anyone and point me to a link for the beta drivers dated 06.03.07 v4.4.1 I would appreciate it.

CommGuru

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
I've exhaused google and everything else I could think of looking for those links. The links from google and from happysat refer back to the technisat website and the link is dead. They only offer the final 4.4.1 version.

Are you using the final version of the drivers on Vista?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom