TVEngine3 Snapshot: 01-21-2008 05-09h Revision 17110 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
General Infos:

Please visit our Wiki-Guide before you try out this engine.
We also provide some tutorial videos which show how to install and configure the TV-Server and TV-Client.

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Capabilities:

- seperate front/backend
- supports multiple frontends
- supports multiple backends (master/slave servers)
- analog/atsc/dvb-c/dvb-s/dvb-t support
- recording to mpeg-2 program stream (.mpg)
- mpeg-2 transport stream timeshifting
- multi tuner support of course
- epg / mhw grabbing right from the DVB stream
- network streaming via rtsp
- teletext grabbing

- ci / cam support for firedtv, twinhan and technotrend
- placeshifting
- TV Movie Clickfinder EPG import

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Requirements:

- latest MediaPortal SVN-Build Wiki-Guide --> Download
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition ---> Download
- additional (but recommened) SQL Server Management Studio Express ---> Download

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

TVE3 20/01/2008 [11:39:44] tourette added: refactored subtitle interface (not visible to end user). Please make sure that MP & TVE3 SVN versions are matching!

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

Corry

Portal Member
November 4, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I could not figure out where this changed, but I went back to 16812 and the problem still existed. I'm still sorting out the extent of the problem.

The Problem:
MySql is case sensitive (At least the version I have installed on my FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE machine is)
TVServer seems to be creating tables in one case, then attempting to access them in another case.

The specific error I had was Failed to upgrade the database even after dropping the database, the problem persisted (I could care less about the old stuff I had in there, so no big loss)

Log files showed the following
tv.log
8-01-21 00:52:29.540013 [1]: ---- start setuptv ----
2008-01-21 00:52:29.540013 [1]: ---- check connection with database ----
2008-01-21 00:52:29.810402 [1]: ---- check if database needs to be updated/created ----
2008-01-21 00:52:29.830431 [1]: ---- upgrade database schema ----
2008-01-21 00:52:29.850460 [1]: sql:USE TvLibrary;
2008-01-21 00:52:29.850460 [1]: sql:alter table channel add `epgHasGaps` bit;update channel set `epgHasGaps`=0;UPDATE `Version` SET `versionNumber`=34;

error.log
8-01-21 00:52:29.850460 [1]: failed:sql:alter table channel add `epgHasGaps` bit;update channel set `epgHasGaps`=0;UPDATE `Version` SET `versionNumber`=34;
2008-01-21 00:52:29.870489 [1]: reason:MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: #42S02Table 'TvLibrary.channel' doesn't exist
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.CheckForError()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.ReadHeader()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.OpenPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(Int64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.CommandResult.ReadNextResult(Boolean isFirst)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.SendQuery(Byte[] bytes, Int32 length, Boolean consume)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.GetNextResultSet(MySqlDataReader reader)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.Consume()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at SetupTv.SetupDatabaseForm.ExecuteSQLScript(String prefix)

Opened MySQL Administrator and found the table in Question as Channel, not channel.
Changing the table name to channel at least got me to the TVService is not running, should I start it? prompt, and into the configuration utility. I will try to configure and if I have further problems I will report them here.

Thanks for Mediaportal! I tried using MythTV initially (since it was the only thing I had heard of) and found it to be extraordinarly limited thanks to driver support. I went to port it to windows and thought hey, maybe someone else has something similar...now I'm here :) :D

Ugh, my worst fears came to fruition....

error.log
1-21 01:24:45.734124 [8]: Exception :Error: StatementErrorUnclassified
Gentle.Common.GentleException: insert into Channel ( name, isRadio, isTv, timesWatched, totalTimeWatched, grabEpg, lastGrabTime, sortOrder, visibleInGuide, externalId, freetoair, displayName, epgHasGaps ) values ( ?name, ?isRadio, ?isTv, ?timesWatched, ?totalTimeWatched, ?grabEpg, ?lastGrabTime, ?sortOrder, ?visibleInGuide, ?externalId, ?freetoair, ?displayName, ?epgHasGaps ); select LAST_INSERT_ID(); ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: #42S02Table 'TvLibrary.Channel' doesn't exist
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.CheckForError()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.ReadHeader()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PacketReader.OpenPacket()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadResult(Int64& affectedRows, Int64& lastInsertId)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.CommandResult.ReadNextResult(Boolean isFirst)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.SendQuery(Byte[] bytes, Int32 length, Boolean consume)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.GetNextResultSet(MySqlDataReader reader)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteScalar()
at Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I'm going to try as a "in the meantime workaround" to copy the tables and data, and hope that everything that wants lower case, has something lower case writing to it :)

tomfrogger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2006
    Trellech
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    no video/audio detected error still is still on most channels. However sky one has suddenly come back to life.. it didn't work with yesterdays svn. Please see my logs i hope it assists. Unfortunately i think i will need to go back to an earlier build as this is driving my wife mad..

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    Tomfrogger,

I had the same problem as you, timout on the TS file creation, I lowered the TS min filesize in the configurator to 100mb/file, and voila every channel worked....

AndyWhittaker

Portal Member
    September 4, 2004
    Macclesfield, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK Here

The problem with these threads is that the Devs see a lot of comments about how things do not work.

I would like to say that over the last few months (with a dark period over Christmas and New Year) Media Portal Server has been the best it's ever been :D

For reference my setup is:

Based in UK using the Winter Hill transmitter.

Server:
    Dell PowerEdge 800 with Windows 2003 server SP1
    DDI Blackgold Dual DVB-T PCI-e Tuner
    Blackgold 6.0.0.15 drivers
    MSSQL Server

Client:
    Various WinXP and Vista x64

Andy

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    I think one of the reasons your system is stable is you're not using dvb-s only dvb-t. Seems lots more problems lately with dvb-s!

chrissooo

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would like to say that over the last few months (with a dark period over Christmas and New Year) Media Portal Server has been the best it's ever been :D

dito!

I have make too a little brake with testing the Builds over christmas and new year becourse the known Problems. But since 2-3 Weeks i install every 2,3 Days a build and its always works very good form me. Since the new Driver from my S2-3200 Technotrend Card my Hybernate/Diseqc Problem are fixed too.
    At the moment its the best TVServer since i use it.

I think one of the reasons your system is stable is you're not using dvb-s only dvb-t. Seems lots more problems lately with dvb-s!

I am using DVB-S + DVB-S2 ... no problems with the importand futures like Live TV, Recording, Singlseat and over the Lan, HDTV, automaticly recording with wake up from hybernate, ...

Very big thx for all devs.
    Good work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom