TVEngine3 Snapshot: 01-29-2008 05-10h Revision 17207 (2 Viewers)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
General Infos:

Please visit our Wiki-Guide before you try out this engine.
We also provide some tutorial videos which show how to install and configure the TV-Server and TV-Client.

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Capabilities:

- seperate front/backend
- supports multiple frontends
- supports multiple backends (master/slave servers)
- analog/atsc/dvb-c/dvb-s/dvb-t support
- recording to mpeg-2 program stream (.mpg)
- mpeg-2 transport stream timeshifting
- multi tuner support of course
- epg / mhw grabbing right from the DVB stream
- network streaming via rtsp
- teletext grabbing

- ci / cam support for firedtv, twinhan and technotrend
- placeshifting
- TV Movie Clickfinder EPG import

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Requirements:

- latest MediaPortal SVN-Build Wiki-Guide --> Download
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition ---> Download
- additional (but recommened) SQL Server Management Studio Express ---> Download

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

tvplugin 28/01/2008 [21:54:37] gibman added: fixed a problem when listening to a dvb-radio station while entering tvhome, selecting a TV channel does nothing.

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

icebreakr

Portal Pro
August 7, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
.ts recording playback not working...

Does this SVN fix the issue of not being able to play back .ts files? This is the fix I'm waiting for... Everything I use media portal for works but that... I'm currently recording in .mpg but all the recordings are stuttering (maybe this should be fixed as well, this bug has been there for as long as I can remember...). So it's not really practical to record live tv... If it doesn't fix it, any plans to fix it in a near future? The bug has been there for several weeks now!

:D

windsorguy13

Portal Member
December 8, 2007
Does this SVN fix the issue of not being able to play back .ts files? This is the fix I'm waiting for... Everything I use media portal for works but that... I'm currently recording in .mpg but all the recordings are stuttering (maybe this should be fixed as well, this bug has been there for as long as I can remember...). So it's not really practical to record live tv... If it doesn't fix it, any plans to fix it in a near future? The bug has been there for several weeks now!

Hey icebreakr,

Are you using a Twinhan card? Referring to this bug by any chance?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/corrupted_ts_recordings_twinhan_dvb_s_bda-t29082.html

I'm using a Twinhan 1027 and I'm having the same problem.. .ts files are corrupt and won't play in any player, and mpg has "micro-freezing"... slight freezing every few seconds which makes it pretty much impossible to watch. I'm currently running with the new TSWriter that's available for testing and timeshifting is awesome, but recording still isn't functional for me.
Clear your logs, start a recording, let it go for a minute or two, stop the recording, then upload your logs and your recording in the above mentioned bug. That'll help the devs track down the problem. I don't have any time this week but hopefully I can do the same this weekend.
Common consensus is that this is being caused by extra audio feeds being added to the .ts file. I've checked my logs and for a single recording, I have about 6 Audio PIDS being added... not sure if that's normal or not. One thing I'd like to try is using something like ProjectX to edit the .ts file and drop the garbage audio to see if I can watch recorded .ts files after editing. It's an extra step, but might get you somewhat functional and prove the "extra audio" theory. My schedule is packed for the next 1-2 weeks, so if someone wants to give this a go, it'll help towards getting this fixed I'm sure.

icebreakr

Portal Pro
August 7, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada

Hey icebreakr,

Are you using a Twinhan card? Referring to this bug by any chance?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/corrupted_ts_recordings_twinhan_dvb_s_bda-t29082.html

I'm using a Twinhan 1027 and I'm having the same problem.. .ts files are corrupt and won't play in any player, and mpg has "micro-freezing"... slight freezing every few seconds which makes it pretty much impossible to watch. I'm currently running with the new TSWriter that's available for testing and timeshifting is awesome, but recording still isn't functional for me.
Clear your logs, start a recording, let it go for a minute or two, stop the recording, then upload your logs and your recording in the above mentioned bug. That'll help the devs track down the problem. I don't have any time this week but hopefully I can do the same this weekend.
Common consensus is that this is being caused by extra audio feeds being added to the .ts file. I've checked my logs and for a single recording, I have about 6 Audio PIDS being added... not sure if that's normal or not. One thing I'd like to try is using something like ProjectX to edit the .ts file and drop the garbage audio to see if I can watch recorded .ts files after editing. It's an extra step, but might get you somewhat functional and prove the "extra audio" theory. My schedule is packed for the next 1-2 weeks, so if someone wants to give this a go, it'll help towards getting this fixed I'm sure.

Yes I'm using a TwinHan card at the moment... I can record and send a sample with logs no problem, I'll do it tonight... I also tried the latest tswriter without success... That could explain why I don't have the problem on my analog Hauppauge card...

ggltech

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
I have a Twinhan Card and recording does not work for me . Curious i am running BDA drivers is there anybody running WDM drivers with a twinhan....and does recording work. ?

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
No network clients can stream TV after standby here (local client works ok)

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I noticed since SVN Version 17150, that when my MP Client is idle for some time, the TV Server crash.
    Its nothing in the logs.

Its repeatable! When i'm finished watching TV and stop Live TV (DVB-S) or Radio (DVB-S) next day TV Server is frozen.
    In the morning (after restart TV Server and MP with Task Manager) i started Radio then when its time to go to work i stop listening and when i'm come back TV Server crashed again.

No errors or warnings in the logs, TV Server crashed silence.

TV and MP are just idle!

scirocco790 post a similiar problem for Version 17180

tvservice crashes after being idle for about an hour. this seems to be a problem with the epg grabber.

Don't know if the EPG grapper is the problem the logs tell me nothing

Can somebody confirm that issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom