TVEngine3 Snapshot: 02-08-2008 14-17h Revision 17345 (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Channel changes have never been so fast.

This is bloody great. :)

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    I'm going to be the bad guy??? :-(

Hi..

This build with the last TSwriter from GEMX is working great!
    1.- Channel change fast a perfect.. No problems
    2.- Recording Great No problem with DVB-t and DVB-C channels.. also "NA channels"

The problem..
    Steps to reproduce
    1.- Schedule a recording.
    2.- From the guide go to the channel that has start recording
    3.- You get a question "Start from the beginnig or From Live Point"
    4.- if you chouse "from the beginig" after the time that has been recorded it stops.. just until the momem that you chouse to wacth... example.. The recording has been record 1 minute, chouse from the begining after 1 min the show is stoped and recording keeps recording.. If you rechouse from the begining then you can see 2 min and the stop and so on..
    5.- If you chouse "from Live point" some times you get a blank screen "no audio no video"

Logs attached

ANYWAY GREAT JOB FOR GEMX... THIS IS GOING GREAT!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    IOSU

sis3970

Portal Member
    April 22, 2007
    Lommel
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    With the new TsWriter:
    I have one channel which contains 3 audio streams: CH, SLOV and ENG
    However, now I can't switch to ENG anymore.

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This build only works with gemx tswriter to be able to switch channels. Only have a spontanious crash of tv-engine (server) at 8-2-2008 22:54. See the attached log for details.

BTW: switching channels is pretty fast in this build, but scanning transponders is very slow compared to older builds.

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It becomes better and better. Good work gemx!

I did hope, that the merger of the recording and timeshift classes did fix my remaining TechnoTrend bug... But it doesn't.

But I noticed something very interesting.

I use 2 DVB-S2 cards.

As primary card: Hauppauge HVR 4000
    As secondary card: TechnoTrend S2-3200

I still get frequently 0kb recordings with the TT. But the very interesting fact is that this happens only if the primary card (the Hauppauge) is doing something as well...

The following tests are done with the tswriter gemx has posted in this thread.

What I did to reproduce this is to schedule 2 recordings on different transponders. Clear the log folder and restart the tvservice. Recording on Hauppauge was ok... The TT has created just an 0kb file ...

The logs of this test are the attached "TT_Recording_Bug.zip".

Now I swap the primary and secondary card by giving a higher priority to the TT card.
    Stop tvservice. Clear the log folder again. Start tvservice...

And both recordings do work! ...??

Take a look at the attached logs "TT_Recording_No_Bug.zip"

I repeated this test several times ... always with the same result.

I hope this help a bit to get rid of it ;)

Cu
    Lars

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    lkuech, it could be a HW issue. I had pretty much the similar issue with two DVB-C cards. Here's what my setup was

- antenna amplifier -> output 1 -> signal to analog tv
    - antenna amplifier -> output 2 -> t-splitter -> signal to Twinhan and FireDTV DVB-C cards

With that configuration if FireDTV was used first it would get really bad signal levels. Only thing that did fix the signal levels in the FireDTV was to tune Twinhan to some frequency (no matter what frequency was used).

Only fix to that HW issue would have been to by a 3-way antenna amplifier, but didn't find any in the nearby shops and 4-way were too expensive. So here's the new configuration that works ok.

- antenna amplifier -> output 1 -> FireDTV DVB-C
    - antenna amplifier -> output 2 -> t-splitter -> signal to Twinhan DVB-C card and to analog tv

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I've had same issue with FireDTV first and Technorotrend C1500 as secondary. TT creates 0kb recordings if FireDTV tunes and records another mux first. What makes it weird, is that I can timeshift TT but recordings fail. And now recording and timeshifting are supposed to use the same routines.

While timeshifting woks, I did had difficulties to switch onto few channels on same mux while others worked ok. Channels that didn't work were for sure NOT scrambled. Some channels on mux work great so it makes no sense that signal would get cut. Could this be CI/CAM issue? There's been some code changes lately for TT CI-interface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom