TVEngine3 Snapshot: 03-06-2008 05-08h Revision 17764 (2 Viewers)

jomed

Portal Member
November 9, 2007
Try deleting the database.

I have had similar odd databse corruptions with recent builds with the same results and only deleting the databse has worked.

Same problem here. Until now I thought, this was something, that only happened to my system. But at least we are three now ;-)

Switching back to an earlier SVN for the time being...

jomed

Portal Member
November 9, 2007
Some additional info about the database error:

I played around a bit with a tool (SQL Examiner) that allows to merge different sql databases together. I created a new one with the latest svn and afterwards merged tables from the old database that crashes Tv Server into the new one.

The problematic tables were the ones handling channel and group definitions. After merging these, the newly created database showed the same behaviour as the the old one. Tv Server starts, consumes about 500MB of memory and eventually crashes.

Looks like something has changed in Tv Server regarding channel handling over the last weeks, that causes this error.

Since this seems to affect only a small number of people, it most likely has to do something with their individual channel definitions. Mine at least looked a little bit chaotic in the SQL Browser due to various channel rescans over the last months...

If a developer is interested, I could share the problematic tv database for further testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom