TVEngine3 Snapshot: 03-26-2008 05-08h Revision 18279 (1 Viewer)

jomed

Portal Member
November 9, 2007
Please DON'T KILL any Service on MY computer... instead Make an option to Stop or Not Stop MCE services, You are breaking configuration for some users..

I'd like to second that. This might be useful for some, but definitely not for everyone. I have disabled the MCE services manually and I don't want any program to restart them at any time.

Besides that I generally think it's really bad practice for a program to kill services without explicit permission by the user. As an option this looks OK to me, but as default behaviour that can't even be disabled, this is a complete no-go.

stefanbaar

Portal Pro
October 31, 2007
Holstebro
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Yesterday i tried the newest vers. in vista and could not get it to work.
So today I ghosted back to a clean vista install and tried to install an old vers. 13-3-08 wich at that time were working fine in xp. Tvserver is working fine (with preview and all) but when I try to open mediaportal configuration or mediaportal I get these messages from windows:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Beskrivelse:
Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
Navn på problemhændelse: APPCRASH
Application Name: MediaPortal.exe
Application Version: 0.2.3.18105
Application Timestamp: 47e1e27e
Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bd80
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 0001b09e
OS-version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Landestandard-id: 1030

Læs erklæringen om beskyttelse af personlige oplysninger:
Microsoft Onlineanalyse af systemnedbrud
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beskrivelse:
Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
Navn på problemhændelse: CLR20r3
Problemsignatur 01: configuration.exe
Problemsignatur 02: 0.2.3.0
Problemsignatur 03: 473c16ff
Problemsignatur 04: Core
Problemsignatur 05: 0.2.3.0
Problemsignatur 06: 473c16e4
Problemsignatur 07: 2651
Problemsignatur 08: 7f
Problemsignatur 09: System.TypeInitialization
OS-version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Landestandard-id: 1030

Læs erklæringen om beskyttelse af personlige oplysninger:
Microsoft Onlineanalyse af systemnedbrud
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried to re install with different svns but I stille get this message.
Anyone know why?

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

If you are having difficulties with the filters, please install

Download details: Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

This is working for the team now.

iosub = As for the services, this is a feature of MP that has been ported over. I am planning to add another feature to make this optional, but you have to understand how this works. I checked in a complete feature which makes tve3 more usable for many people (including me). A second feature (to make it optional) will be checked in later when I get around to it. Even then, the default will be to shut down the services. Here is the reasoning

1. If MCE has locked a tuner, we can't get to it and TVE3 looks bad. People than say MP is crap, my show didn't record. This means that our very meager support personnel have to spend a lot of time if this comes up. We don't see this now because TVE3 is being used by the technically savvy. However, the end product is going to be used by the average joe who doesn't want to use MCE

2. The few people who want to use both know what they are doing and will uncheck the option

If you can give me a way to make it so that the end user will never see a text box asking them about shutting down services, i will be more than willing to listen.

Look the SVN is a work in progress, and you will not like everything that is there from day to day. It is a snapshot of the development. It is not meant to be feature complete or to make svn users happy. You provide valuable testing, which we appreciate, but it is not cool to take such a pissy tone when i spent 3 and a half hours hunting down bugs last night. A nice request would have been appreciated.

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Hello everyone,

If you are having difficulties with the filters, please install

Download details: Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

This is working for the team now.

@iosub = As for the services, this is a feature of MP that has been ported over. I am planning to add another feature to make this optional, but you have to understand how this works. I checked in a complete feature which makes tve3 more usable for many people (including me). A second feature (to make it optional) will be checked in later when I get around to it. Even then, the default will be to shut down the services. Here is the reasoning

1. If MCE has locked a tuner, we can't get to it and TVE3 looks bad. People than say MP is crap, my show didn't record. This means that our very meager support personnel have to spend a lot of time if this comes up. We don't see this now because TVE3 is being used by the technically savvy. However, the end product is going to be used by the average joe who doesn't want to use MCE

2. The few people who want to use both know what they are doing and will uncheck the option

If you can give me a way to make it so that the end user will never see a text box asking them about shutting down services, i will be more than willing to listen.

Look the SVN is a work in progress, and you will not like everything that is there from day to day. It is a snapshot of the development. It is not meant to be feature complete or to make svn users happy. You provide valuable testing, which we appreciate, but it is not cool to take such a pissy tone when i spent 3 and a half hours hunting down bugs last night. A nice request would have been appreciated.

I have made the changes and post the diff file to
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/development-91/patch-setting-mce-services-stop-37201/

What I have done is
    1.- add new setting "StopMCEservices" default "yes"
    2.- Modify SetupTV, Scansettings.cs and add to the application tab a new option "Stop MCE" you can just forget this change, so the value will be hidden for most users. But Advanced users will be able to change the value on the SQL table.

So everybody happy

ALSO, SORRY ABOUT MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE.. Today was not a good day for my.. SORRY

trougloubidc

Portal Member
    November 19, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello all,

I have the same "No signal scan" issue.

I face also another strange behavour, it seems that i can't save settings for "power scheduler" plugin. I can modify values, then i click ok and next time i open TV-server configuration settings are the default ones. Is there anybody else who have that problem ?

Regards.

Jérôme

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom