TVEngine3 Snapshot: 12-11-2007 01-37h Revision 16617 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
General Infos:

Please visit our Wiki-Guide before you try out this engine.
We also provide some tutorial videos which show how to install and configure the TV-Server and TV-Client.

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Capabilities:

- seperate front/backend
- supports multiple frontends
- supports multiple backends (master/slave servers)
- analog/atsc/dvb-c/dvb-s/dvb-t support
- recording to mpeg-2 program stream (.mpg)
- mpeg-2 transport stream timeshifting
- multi tuner support of course
- epg / mhw grabbing right from the DVB stream
- network streaming via rtsp
- teletext grabbing

- ci / cam support for firedtv, twinhan and technotrend
- placeshifting
- TV Movie Clickfinder EPG import

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Requirements:

- latest MediaPortal SVN-Build Wiki-Guide --> Download
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition ---> Download
- additional (but recommened) SQL Server Management Studio Express ---> Download

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

Music 10/12/2007 [22:14:58] hwahrmann added: Album View was not showing all Albums of an Artist

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

chrissooo

Portal Pro
February 21, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
just want to report that "prefer AC3" dont works in this version too.
MP use always the first "mpeg" stream. I dont know whats about the language priority, becouse my language is "ger" and its always the first stream.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have rewritten the auto audio track selection algo.
    both live TV and recorded TV will use this code.

If ac3prefer is enabled, it will cycle thorugh the list of ac3 tracks looking at the LANG parameter.
    If it doesnt find any lang. matching it will grab the first ac3 track found.

if ac3prefer is disabled, it will cycle thorugh the list of mpeg tracks looking at the LANG parameter.
    If it doesnt find any lang. matching it will grab the first mpeg track found.

Note; u can assign more than one lang. in mp setup...if u do have more then one lang. then it will prioritize the first lang in the list.
    Currently mp setup does not allow u 2 move the lang. around (up/down). But u can do this in notepad for now :)

Sadly I have a few small issues until I can commit it.

Technically we have used the info from tswriter (serverside) to gather our list of audio tracks.
    Now we use the interfaces in tsreader in order to accomplish the same.
    Tsreader had problems providing me with audiotype (ac3, mpeg etc). also lang. descriptors were only working on recorded TV and not live tv.

And this is where I am stranded right now.

rec. tv works quite nicely now, it applies the language from prefs. :) just like live TV.

/gibman

chrissooo

Portal Pro
    February 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For first thx for the statement.

If ac3prefer is enabled, it will cycle thorugh the list of ac3 tracks looking at the LANG parameter.
    If it doesnt find any lang. matching it will grab the first ac3 track found.
    Does it mean that its must be work? Becouse its dont work. I have definitly 2 mpeg Streams and 1 AC3 stream for exampl. For normal MP must select the AC3 Stream, but in my Installation MP use the mpeg stream. I use the MPA Decoder.

Sadly I have a few small issues until I can commit it.

Technically we have used the info from tswriter (serverside) to gather our list of audio tracks.
    Now we use the interfaces in tsreader in order to accomplish the same.
    Tsreader had problems providing me with audiotype (ac3, mpeg etc). also lang. descriptors were only working on recorded TV and not live tv.

And this is where I am stranded right now.

rec. tv works quite nicely now, it applies the language from prefs. :) just like live TV.
    Or do you mean with this ^^ its dont work?

Sorry, my english not very good :)

Becouse the langs i thing its works good, and no problem for me now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom