tvgorge restructured? (1 Viewer)

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since day before yeserday tvgorge worked fine for me. Today it doesn't. Checking the website gave me bad news. Only links to commercial websites are given now. Does this mean that tvgorge is now not usable anymore within online video plugin? Are there alternatives?

Best regards

henning

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since day before yeserday tvgorge worked fine for me. Today it doesn't. Checking the website gave me bad news. Only links to commercial websites are given now. Does this mean that tvgorge is now not usable anymore within online video plugin? Are there alternatives?

Best regards

henning

I saw that too.
    It was too good to be true...
    So tvgorge is indeed unusable, and we have to search and implement alternatives. I haven't seen one with the number of series that tvgorge had, but I think for every popular serie there is a site hosting the episodes.

Just found this. not the best quality/loading times and chinese/spanish subtitles, maybe this is worth a shot?

medimax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    what a shame it was too good to be true.:(
    I get a warning from McAfee when I try the other site you recommended.

henning

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    doskabouter
    checked out your link. The good news is that it's better than tvgorge right now, because it works. But the quality is really bad. Comparable to a handycam. I had turkish subtitle :) Do you think the site is reliable? Means integratable without daily rework?

I tried to find alternatives by myself, but without success :mad:

Regs

henning

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @doskabouter
    checked out your link. The good news is that it's better than tvgorge right now, because it works. But the quality is really bad. Comparable to a handycam. I had turkish subtitle :) Do you think the site is reliable? Means integratable without daily rework?

I tried to find alternatives by myself, but without success :mad:

Regs

henning

I think the rework isn't the problem, the site looks quite consistant. What I'm more worried about is the number of hosting providers they use. For each of them I have to make a parser, and I don't know if I can get them all to work.

Another option is to make a tvseries util, that gets the videos from the official sites (like wtso.com, futuramaonline, etc).
    It's more work, and I guess it's going to take a while, but I think in the long run it might be better, at least there's no hardcoded subtitling, and the quality is a lot better. But I don't know if there is an official site for each series that someone wants to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom