[no Bug] tvguide.xml does not import the guide data unless the channels are manually added (1 Viewer)

broadband412

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
New Yrok
MediaPortal Version: Mediaportal 1.10 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Bluetwo Standard
Windows Version: Windows XP Home SP3
CPU Type: Intel Pentium IV 2.53 GHz
HDD: 80GB
Memory: 512MB
Motherboard: Intel
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce MX 440
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.9371
Sound Card: Soundmax Intergrated Digital Audio
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.3513
1. TV Card: Hauppuage WinTV HVR 1950 Hybird ATSC/QAM
1. TV Card Type: External USB 2.0
1. TV Card Driver: 3.1.27238.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Intervideo Video Decoder for Hauppauge
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Intervideo Audio Decoder For Hauppuage
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Cablevision Brooklyn
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppauge 45 Button Remote
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: Composite to cable box

When importing a tvguide.xml file, the actual guide data is not imported unless the chanels that are in the tvguide.xml file are manually added. To reproduce, supply a tvguide.xml file to be imported. Place it in the folder that is listed in the tv server xmltv plugin general settings page or change the directory in the xmltv plugin general settings page to wher the tvguide.xml file is located. Once that is done, you can press the load/refresh button in the mappings tab of the xmltv plugins page. You will get a message saying that ther are no channels to map and in the general page of the xmltv plugin settings, you will se that all channels have been imported but no programs have been imported. To be able to view channel mappings, you will need to manually add each and every channel that is listed in your tvguide.xml file. For now you will just have to add the channels in the tv chanels setting in the tv server configuration.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi
    Not quite sure what you mean.
    If no channels in tvserver then nothing to import because channels in xmlguide must be mapped to channels which already present in tvserver.
    If tvserver's tvgude importer unable to map channels (already presented in tvserver) automatically for examle in case of channel name difference then you nedd to map them manually.
    Anyway Xmltvimporter doesnt import channels, only epg data.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I agree with "romuz", that's how TV-Server has always worked with XMLTV imports......it imports the EPG data for the defined channels.

broadband412

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    New Yrok
    The epg is not imported though unless you manually add the channels to mediaportal tv server. Mediaportal should create the channels when importing the epg according to the channels in the tvguide.xml file so one would not have to do this manually. If you have lots of channels this becomes quite a task.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Tvguide.xml has only channel names and epg data. If you import just names tevevision wont work.
    It is essential for tvserver to get tuningdetails and card allocation for channels.
    What you expect from that import?

Marking as no bug

broadband412

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    New Yrok
    I expected it to auto create channels based on the tvguide.xml file so the guide data gets imported. It actually does import the chanels according to the main page of the xmltv plugins general page where it says channels import and it shows how many channels were imported but it dos not add these channels to the tv channels section. It is not hard to add the channels and have them mapped to the corect epg channel but when you hae like over 400 channels to do this for, it becomes quite a task. For my particular setup, there are no channels to scan because I am running off of composite connected to a cable set top box. Thanks.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I expected it to auto create channels based on the tvguide.xml file so the guide data gets imported. It actually does import the chanels according to the main page of the xmltv plugins general page where it says channels import and it shows how many channels were imported but it dos not add these channels to the tv channels section. It is not hard to add the channels and have them mapped to the corect epg channel but when you hae like over 400 channels to do this for, it becomes quite a task. For my particular setup, there are no channels to scan because I am running off of composite connected to a cable set top box. Thanks.

Unfortunately this is not the way it works. As romuz explained, tvserver needs the tuning and mapping details for channels. Although I understand your reasoning, for MP to work in this way is not possible.

Mark

broadband412

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    New Yrok
    Hi thanks for the reply. Is there a way to make the process of adding the guide channels to the tv channels quicker than just manually entering each and every channel? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom