TVMovie import results in gaps in TV Guide (1 Viewer)

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version: SVN 17827 (09.03.2008)
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3 final with SVN 17827 (09.03.2008)
    MediaPortal Skin: Xface 1.4
    Windows Version: Windows Vista
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 (AM2)
    HDD: Samsung 750GB + HAMA SSD 4GB (timeshifting)
    Memory: 1GB DDR
    Motherboard: MSI K9N SLI Platinum
    Motherboard Chipset: nForce 570
    Motherboard Bios: Award
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon 2600XT
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst V8.3
    Sound Card: Realtek (On-Board)
    Sound Card AC3: AC3 / optical SPDIF out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Technotrend S2-3200
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S and DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.0.12
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.3 codecs
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Dscaler Audio codec
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2 E
    HTPC Case: Ahanix MCE 601
    Cooling: power supply fan, CPU boxed cooler, 2 housing fans (all controlled by SpeedFan)
    Power Supply: Ahanix
    Remote: Logitech Harmony 555
    TV: Samsung LCD 32"
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI to HDMI

Just updated from SVN 17500 to 17827 and now I have some issues with the TVMovie EPG.
    First of all, the recent changes have speeded up the import very much! Thanks for that.
    However, with SVN17500 and before, I did not have any gaps/holes in the TV EPG. But now since todays update, the EPG has some gaps/holes.

Please let me know what exactly you need to analyze.
    I saw that there is also a tool in the SVN but I couldn't find a .exe file and any further instructions how to use it.

Finally, I don't understand the two new EPG options "always fill gaps" and "try to update existing entries". What sahll they do? I tried both but this resulted in the following behaviour: The gaps are sill there but there are some very short entried at the beginning of the next entry...

Would like to help to fix that but I don't know how.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just updated from SVN 17500 to 17827 and now I have some issues with the TVMovie EPG.
    First of all, the recent changes have speeded up the import very much! Thanks for that.
    However, with SVN17500 and before, I did not have any gaps/holes in the TV EPG. But now since todays update, the EPG has some gaps/holes.

The TV.log would have shown that there have been some EPG entries which are "too long" for the current DB field.
    You can use "short descriptions" for the moment or manually alter the program table to extend the description column to varchar(8000).
    New DBs would not have this issue - however there will be a database update next week which will take care of this for existing TvLibraries ;)

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    rtv:
    Thanks a lot for the hint. The increased description column did the trick! Now I have no more gaps. And the import is really very fast. Perfect!

Could you comment shortly on my two questions?
    Finally, I don't understand the two new EPG options "always fill gaps" and "try to update existing entries". What shall they do?

Is this e.g. important if a show is replaced by another one, which has the exactly the same duration? What is the trigger for the importer to update the EPG entries?

Thanks and best regards,

MPUserFromGER

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom