tvplugin.dll client crashed and now can't load config / mediaportal

Discussion in '1.0.2 and SVN Builds' started by Crew, June 18, 2009.

1. Crew

Crew Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    Windows Version: XP SP3

Firewall and AV off

This is the 2nd time I've had this problem and its really annoying. The 1st time I had a lockup and when the PC restarted mediaportal hung. After removing the tvplugin.dll file everything is fine but adding it again causes a infinite load time of either configuration.exe or mediaportal.exe

The 2nd time was caused by a mediaportal hang on a HD channel. The annoying thing is I can't actually achieve anything in configuration or mediaportal as it just hangs. The last time I fixed I had to do a full reinstall.

I have attached logs to help. I had a look through and there seems to be a communication error in the tvservice error.log. I let it sit trying to load for ~10mins and it got to loading input devices after window plugins.

Please help and help me stop this from happening again.

Andy

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Crew

Crew Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok it looks like it might be the server. Setuptv.exe crashes instantly as soon as its launched. What could cause this? Where is its configuration file?

Regardless the issue above should be fixed to timeout after a set period

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!