TVSeries Logos with DVD rips? (1 Viewer)

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Obviously with my divx files, the logos work fine as well as the size and length information. Now that I have more storage, (and for the best possible audio & video quality) most everything has be replaced with TV Show only rips from my original discs using CloneCD. The files are in VIDEO_TS folders, not .iso format. Of course now, the logos, file size and duration information does not show anymore.

Is there any remedy for this? Guess it's not really a big deal but it would be cool to have it working again :D

Thanks in advance!!

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    i have all my tv series ripped from disc as .vob and it shows the file size, duration etc. maybe you need a rescan in the mytvseries config?

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    Interesting... All of my series are ripped as .vob as well...

The scan is set to pickup the VIDEO_TS.IFO files as in many cases there is more than one .vob for a particular episode. The file names are left as is with the scanner obtaining the series/episode/title from the parent folders.

eg: ../Friends/Season 1/01 - The one with the blah blah blah/VIDEO_TS/

Is this correct or should I be doing this differently?? If so, how would you recommend??

Thanks!!
    -TL

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    I tried eliminating the .IFO file specification and scanning last night and it made a complete mess. I had 2 listings for each episode and neither of which displayed the information we're looking for here.

I'll try specifing .VOB tonight and see what happens. I'll report back after with the results...

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    No dice man...

I don't suppose you would mind sharing your parsing expressions?? Could be that I am going about this in the wrong way.

:D

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have the same problem. Well, I don't consider it a big problem, but it would still be nice to see the logos. I scan the Video_TS.IFO as well.

Perhaps it woul work if every episode was ripped as a single .vob and then scanning that instead? Is that what you have done eetaylog?

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    I'm interested to know as well.

I couldn't get it to recognize the .vob files-only the .ifo files. There are 2 of them of course but neither yield the correct information...

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe in the logo/formatting rules there is a way to force it to analyze the folder verses the individual file. MovingPictures pulls this info fine for my movie DVDs that are setup the same exact way so I know there is just something simple we are missing here...

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    to get tv series to recognise the .vob files you have to go into mediaportal configuration -> video extensions -> add .vob as a recognised video type.

now go back into tv series config and rescan the folder that you want to get info for and the .vob files should be in the list. just manually add each episode's .vob file after this.

let us know how you get on.

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    OK. So adding .vob to the file list worked as far as being able to see them in the list when parsing.

Now, when scanning, the list contains both .ifo files and the .vob files. If I leave this and import, I have 4 listings for most episodes:
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB

If I just let this import, I of course have 4 listings for each episode. :mad: Doesn't make me happy, but makes perfect sense.

I guess what I'm not understanding is if you add both of the VOB files for one episode, how are you having only one listing show up in MP?

Also, are you manually importing the new episode every time you add one? Or is it such that once configured, a newly added episode will add itself to the database??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom