tvserver and mediaportal on different computers (1 Viewer)

dorijan

Portal Pro
November 30, 2006
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Hi to all...

I was wondering is it possible to have tvserver on one computer and mediaportal and client (plugin) on other computer? I tried this yesterday whole day, but didnt get any result...I can get connected, but cannot see any channel and any program playing...

thx...

p.s. If I put mediaportal on that computer where is server I can see everything...

dhanjel

Portal Pro
July 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
It's pretty much the purpose of the new server/client design that is should work on different conmputers :)

Do you have a firewall or anything between the computers?

cedric

Portal Pro
October 28, 2006
Lausanne
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Have you got a router between your computer? If yes, you have to open the ports in the router (I open all the ports for the server and the client, i don't know the exact number ports) and if you have a firewall on the router, disable it.

dorijan

Portal Pro
November 30, 2006
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
nope...just one switch, non routed network...
i am using tvengine3-11-30-2006--01-12h--Rev11980.zip and latest snapshop of mediaportal...
when I started mediaportal after I installed client plugin for tvserver, I got part when I entered an IP address, and I got messaged that computer is connected...but no channels, no streams...
maybe something is broken in this version because on wiki this page with client is erased?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom